Troy-Bilt Horse-1, Tecumseh 8hp Air Filter Replacement

/ Troy-Bilt Horse-1, Tecumseh 8hp Air Filter Replacement #11  
It would be helpful if you find out what is the Tecumseh engine model and include a photo or two if possible.

Model No. is stamped on the engine shroud, but if it is an older cast iron one it's probably Tecumseh HH80

Cheers

/ Troy-Bilt Horse-1, Tecumseh 8hp Air Filter Replacement #12  
My Horse like that had a paper filter with an oiled foam filter that went over the paper filter. It worked great.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse-1, Tecumseh 8hp Air Filter Replacement #13  
My Horse is the same as sixdogs. Oiled foam over paper. Works fine.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse-1, Tecumseh 8hp Air Filter Replacement
My Horse is the same as sixdogs. Oiled foam over paper. Works fine.
Judging from what is on the filter cover that is what I have on my tiller. Does not the oil get into the paper on the filter and plug it up? Are your foam element of the same material that most filter covers seem to be made of these days, or is it denser?

/ Troy-Bilt Horse-1, Tecumseh 8hp Air Filter Replacement #15  
You just wash the foam filter cover with soap and water. Let dry, put A FEW drops of motor oil on it, squeeze it into a ball a few times to distribute the oil and then put over the paper filter. Not much oil can get on the paper because there isn't that much to begin with. It's a very effective filter.

I used to wash the foam filter maybe every couple years and re-oil. It trapped all the bigger dirt. Just a couple drops of oil and squeeze to distribute. No big deal. It's just a thin, lightweight foam typical of foam of today.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse-1, Tecumseh 8hp Air Filter Replacement #16  
Got a Horse here with 8hp. Tec. on it ---even got letric starter on it ---Motor is the biggest POS ever made! Wont run at all now---looks like some morph carb on it and I cant find a new one to put on it.
Found several but they are totaly different design and wouldnt fit!
My other 7 Horses have 7 hp either Kohlers, or B & S on them.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse-1, Tecumseh 8hp Air Filter Replacement #17  
No worries, you are blameless it's a POS engine eh?

/ Troy-Bilt Horse-1, Tecumseh 8hp Air Filter Replacement
You just wash the foam filter cover with soap and water. Let dry, put A FEW drops of motor oil on it, squeeze it into a ball a few times to distribute the oil and then put over the paper filter. Not much oil can get on the paper because there isn't that much to begin with. It's a very effective filter.

I used to wash the foam filter maybe every couple years and re-oil. It trapped all the bigger dirt. Just a couple drops of oil and squeeze to distribute. No big deal. It's just a thin, lightweight foam typical of foam of today.
SD, thanks, I'm getting more educated every day.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse-1, Tecumseh 8hp Air Filter Replacement #19  

SD, thanks, I'm getting more educated every day.
You likely won't find a new one that fits anyway. You'll find a bigger one and you can cut it, hand sew to the right size and use that. No big deal.