Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #51  
All horse tillers have one belt you move the belt too change speeds on tiller

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #52  
All horse tillers have one belt you move the belt too change speeds on tiller

Even the 1st models? There is another thread out there where I brought this up because I thought the same. Cheeto (the OP) indicated he had two belts installed at the same time.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #53  
Yes, I have two belts installed. I dont see the purpose in it. I did do the predator swap. Besides a leaking tank, I am having a engine pulley problem. When I tighten my new pulley mounting bolt to the engine, it tightens the pulley to the base of the engine housing. It causes rubbing, and hard starts. Rope does not want to pull..... You maybe laughing but how in the heck do I secure the engine pulley without smashing it against the motor?

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #54  
Ok. I am sitting here thinking do I just need a longer pulley mounting bolt? One that allows the pulley to "wander" down the engine shaft.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #55  
There should be shims to adjust the pulley spacing from the engine. I just changed engines on mine and had to add some.

Parts 9 and 9A in this diagram:

TroyShims.jpg

Bruce

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #56  
Thanks got it shimmed correctly today.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #57  
Even the 1st models? There is another thread out there where I brought this up because I thought the same. Cheeto (the OP) indicated he had two belts installed at the same time.

The Horse I tillers had two drive belts which are both installed at the same time. All Horse II and later tillers use one drive belt that is switched between the grooves to change the drive ratio. If both grooves on the pulley are the same size, you need two drive belts. If the pulley has stepped grooves (the outer groove is smaller than the inner groove), you have a one belt drive system.
Tim

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #58  
The Horse I tillers had two drive belts which are both installed at the same time. All Horse II and later tillers use one drive belt that is switched between the grooves to change the drive ratio. If both grooves on the pulley are the same size, you need two drive belts. If the pulley has stepped grooves (the outer groove is smaller than the inner groove), you have a one belt drive system.
Tim

Makes sense now.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #59  
I just ordered one from Harbor Freight,it's a 6.5HP Predator and the sku # was 69727,there was good reviews on that one,they sell another 6.5 but the reviews were mixed on that one.It should be here tomorrow and hopefully get it installed by the weekend.I will post the results.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #60  
what model honda did u use would the bump guard not fit any modifications have to be made to the tiller we have a horse like yours with bad engine