Trying to decide Kubota M5660SUHD or New Holland Workmaster Cab.

/ Trying to decide Kubota M5660SUHD or New Holland Workmaster Cab. #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hello everyone, I have been tractor shopping lately and started a few posts trying to get some views of others on this here is my predicament. In the past 2 years i have bought 2 new workmaster tractors. one was a 50 and one was a 60. the first one the 50, had major problems in the first 3 months, dealer gave me all of it $ back and i went into a 60, within 6 months i had the same issues just not as bad as the first time. SO recently i sold the Workmaster 60 and have been looking around. and here is where i am at.

Kubota M5660SUHD Loader Canopy.... Like the tractor and the Old Dog reliability of Kubota, Dont like the Tier 4 Emissions Canister that may be a future cost on me Dealer quoted $1500 for a new canister and $3-500 to clean it when time comes.

New, New Holland Workmaster 55 Cab loader.......Like the tractor....Like the cab....But Have trouble buying another NH.....especially a new model.....

The other thing making it very hard is....there is only $50 difference in the payment each month......

SO What would You do.......Kubota with a possible $1500 repair in 3-5 years or NH cab and take a chance on it....:confused:

BTW.... JD dealer wouldn't even give me the time of day....and at moment the MF, is just too far away for good service and $$$$$ More money...... the others, LS,KIOTI,RK,BRANSON Well while good they just do not get my confidence either.....

And Also Mahindra ....the other red guys..... are in the clouds with pricing similar models........at my local dealer...

/ Trying to decide Kubota M5660SUHD or New Holland Workmaster Cab. #2  
I can't believe you're even considering another workmaster. You're worried about a possible repair that will, more than likely, end up being a 400 dollar service that you will be able to plan for.

How much time, effort, and actual money have you spent trying to find a working "workmaster"?

If a cab is wanted, bump up to the M6060, or down to a Grand L. Maybe wait for the M4s to launch and see if that gets a discount going on the M6060.

/ Trying to decide Kubota M5660SUHD or New Holland Workmaster Cab. #3  
In the last 6 years I have been greatly dissapointed with two brand new New Holland’s with all their troubles and just this last week traded for a Kubota L6060. The New Holland’s were both cabbed....a Boomer 55 and a larger T4.75. The latest repair on the T4.75 was $4900.00 to replace a servo with 250 hours on the tractor. No more New Holland’s for me! I already have two Kubota diesels and have never had one problem with either of them.

/ Trying to decide Kubota M5660SUHD or New Holland Workmaster Cab.
Hey I know right? In the past week i have visited 5 Kubota dealers and drove the M5660 M6060. I had my mind made up when i sold the new holland that i was not buying another one........But then the The New holland Cab and Price quote came inot play.....definately beats the Kubota cab on the 6060/7060 and they were BIG... difference in price Quoted ......AND you know what is amazing about all 5 Kubota dealers is.....Until you mentioned the M4 series coming out I did not even know they existed.....from what i can see on the bota website they may just be very comparable, and for sure Kubotas answer to the newest Workmaster Cabs......Thanks For telling me about them as i will definately ask the salesmen about them this week. And hopefully price one if they can....

/ Trying to decide Kubota M5660SUHD or New Holland Workmaster Cab. #5  
I have two blue tractors, so this is not brand bashing. But all of the local NH dealers have dropped blue and gone orange, red or something else. I have to drive 100+ miles to get to a NH dealer now. Just a few years ago, I had four NH dealers within 50 miles of me. Three years ago I still had two within 50 miles. Now there are none. I wouldn't by another one, simply due to lack of dealer support.
Kubota is all around me now.

/ Trying to decide Kubota M5660SUHD or New Holland Workmaster Cab. #6  
30 miles away over in NC is Mountaineer Tractor, an LS Dealer. {South Deep Gap?}
If you don't like him, go over to Burnsville {Young's Tractor}
Save your money on those expensive Green and Orange {Both} tractors.
With the money you save you can buy more attachments.
As the rest of us have.

I've almost 1000 hours on my cabbed XR.
I've beaten it and loved it for years now.

Maintain it and it'll serve you well.
Like anything else in this life.

/ Trying to decide Kubota M5660SUHD or New Holland Workmaster Cab. #7  
Hey I know right? In the past week i have visited 5 Kubota dealers and drove the M5660 M6060. I had my mind made up when i sold the new holland that i was not buying another one........But then the The New holland Cab and Price quote came inot play.....definately beats the Kubota cab on the 6060/7060 and they were BIG... difference in price Quoted ......AND you know what is amazing about all 5 Kubota dealers is.....Until you mentioned the M4 series coming out I did not even know they existed.....from what i can see on the bota website they may just be very comparable, and for sure Kubotas answer to the newest Workmaster Cabs......Thanks For telling me about them as i will definately ask the salesmen about them this week. And hopefully price one if they can....

Fair warning, I expect the M4s will sharply close the price gap that currently exists between the MXX60s and the M5s. But, I also expect them to be really nice.

Buy once, cry once.

/ Trying to decide Kubota M5660SUHD or New Holland Workmaster Cab. #8  
I went Kubota as I liken them to Toyota in reliability. I looked at others including John Deere and I still had my heart set on a Kubota. I had heard Kubota makes their own powerplants as well as their tractors. That sold me.