Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #31  
I had a few pines that the the roots go straight down. I always cut the stump below ground level then fill it in.

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #32  
I screwed up and did not tell the tree guy to leave me a 4 foot stump. He cut it low. So, here I am. This thing grew on a rock ledge. I have trenched around it, but I can't get it to budge. Any suggestions? Burn it? View attachment 697306
Order in a 10 yard load of topsoil and cover it. Done.

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #33  
That is why God created Tannerite. Legal too.

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #34  
You are on the right path to try to burn it. Will be interesting to see how it works.

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #35  
I screwed up and did not tell the tree guy to leave me a 4 foot stump. He cut it low. So, here I am. This thing grew on a rock ledge. I have trenched around it, but I can't get it to budge. Any suggestions? Burn it? View attachment 697306
You forgot the first step.. Use dynomite. But I would use the LittleBill method to burn. Larry

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #36  
You forgot the first step.. Use dynomite. But I would use the LittleBill method to burn. Larry

Clydesdale.....I think I read somewhere to drill 1/2" about 5" deep, about 4" apart and fill with KNO3. Should take about 10 weeks to rot stump. I have never use that, but it sounds good.
Best Wishes, Larry

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling #37  
Cut low and grind it or burn it. Burning attempts harden it and keep the insects away so rot will be hindered.

/ Trying to remove 50 inch oak tree stump with Bobcat backhoe. Struggling
I drilled a couple of test holes so far. I bought a couple of different ship auger bits. It looks like the Warrior Harobor Freight 1 inch diameter 18 inch long bit is the one. They have a better Hercules bit, but you can't back it out. The thing is so aggressive it just pulls you in more and more, until it is stuck. I also had to buy a better drill of HF. I had to step up to their D handle heavy duty. My regular dewalt electic and 20v drills did not have enough torque. So, I am now using a 9 amp drill and that works. So, I will drill a bunch of holes and some horizontal holes to intersect, then apply potassium nitrate and we will burn it later in the week.

The holes are drilled and potassium phosphate, with a boiling hot water chaser has been added to each hole and the big central rotted area. I will wait a few weeks and then apply diesel and light it.
Stumpholes.jpg

OK folks, I have an update. After having to burn this thing for 5 days, I was able to burn the roots enough to loosen the grip. It was sitting on a rock ledge as expected. The was able to flip it on its side with my backhoe attachment. But, now what? The thing weighs too much to lift up. We power washed the bottom and I think I have to burn it like this now.

Attachments

• stump burnt uprooted side.jpg
    stump burnt uprooted side.jpg
    699.1 KB · Views: 175