TS 354C Alternator

/ TS 354C Alternator #1  

GRUMPA

Gold Member
Tractor
KAMA/TS354C 35HP 4 cyl 4 wheel drive
OK its time for someone with more knowledge than me or my dealer to answer this one. And no mine hasent gone out yet but this is something I need to know about. What would be an aftermarket replacement for one of these? Where I'm going there is no net service and I would like to know so when mine goes out I already have the info on hand. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ TS 354C Alternator #2  
The alternators have been pretty reliable. I did sell one to a guy with a 3 year old Agricat, but we have not had to replace any under warranty (sound of wood being knocked).
Anyway I think someone on the NY chinese tractor site did a swap to a GM on a Jinma, the monting is nearly, if not identical.
We can also supply parts and service advise by phone if you dont have internet. Heck I remember doing business before Fax machines... used a telex. And I am not that old!!

/ TS 354C Alternator #3  
<font color="blue"> We can also supply parts and service advise by phone if you dont have internet </font>

And if they don't have internet.........how are they reading this? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TS 354C Alternator
Chip I hate to rain on someones parade but we wont have phone when we move either. ALL communication is done by snail mail and thats also a 2hr round trip to do that as well. Thats why I want to ask as many questions as possible before I move getting as much info as I can. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ TS 354C Alternator #5  
If you have a welder and a torch.. just buy yourself a set of universal brackets, and it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a 'will-fit' setup that uses a cheap gm 10-si alternator. If you go that route.. do yourself a favor and get the 3 wire job.. not the 1 wire ones...

Soundguy

/ TS 354C Alternator
IF being the biggest 2 letter word I know of I was just looking for a simple part replacemnet idea. Not really fabricating one, heck I'm a machinist by trade and fabrication is my middle name. Just wanted someone to point me in the most simplist direction like "YEAH you just go down to the parts store and order this part #" kinda thing.

/ TS 354C Alternator #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( IF being the biggest 2 letter word I know of I was just looking for a simple part replacemnet idea. Not really fabricating one, heck I'm a machinist by trade and fabrication is my middle name. Just wanted someone to point me in the most simplist direction like "YEAH you just go down to the parts store and order this part #" kinda thing. )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif So whatcha complaining about.. I gave you a part number to 'go down to the store with'.
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Soundguy