TSC 1 cycle transfer pump

/ TSC 1 cycle transfer pump #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Does anyone know anything about the little 2-cycle transfer pump that Tractor Supply sells? It supposedly has a Mitsubishi engine and will pump about 1800 gph. I wondering if its any good and can it be left running until it runs out of gas for an hour or so at a time?

Attachments

• 597781-2136001-38884.jpg
    597781-2136001-38884.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 253
   / TSC 1 cycle transfer pump #2  
I don't know anything about that particular pump, but I had a little Homelite that might have been similar and many times I left it running until it ran out of gas, then refueled it, and did it again. It had two speeds, I usually ran it on high, and it would go 45 minutes to an hour on a tank of gas.

/ TSC 1 cycle transfer pump #3  
looks alot like the 2-cycle homelite...probably identical in function to the homelite, we have one of these (homelite's) at camp, and we hooked a water hose to it. it worked real nice, and we could wash the mud off the toys. we put the suction hose in the creek.. it's light and nice for small portable pumping jobs.. the other half uses it to water the garden either from the creek or a rainwater cistern...

/ TSC 1 cycle transfer pump
Sounds good. Of course it is 2 cycle, not 1 cycle. I was one cycle short.

I stopped by Tractor supply this afternoon and bought it for $202.98. It looks well made, we'll see. If its Homelite, I hope its better than the Homelite chainsaw I had one time. It was worthless.

We'll find out how this thing works tomorrow. I have got to pump this low spot out so it can dry enough to put dirt in it. Right now it is so waterlogged it will be July before I can even drive a tractor on it.

And, I think it will come in handy watering stuff out of the pond and the creek. You can put an inlet hose up to 26 feet. I have a 25-footer, I plan to cut off about 5 for the outlet (which will then go into a waterhose), and leave about 20 feet for the inlet.

/ TSC 1 cycle transfer pump #5  
i dont think you did wrong buying that pump.. it looks well made in the pic. back when i worked at a tree service, we had a couple homelite super XL chainsaws. they always got vapor lock real bad.. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifi remember throwing it over a hill in frustration.. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif was a tough old saw though, many a throwing, and it never got busted up.. the homelite water pump works very well, has like a large weed trimmer type engine.. i think that mitsubishi will do great...
let us know how it worked out....... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TSC 1 cycle transfer pump #6  
I had a similar two cycle pump that I bought twenty years ago. I ran it dry and it sat in my cellar for fifteen years. I pulled it out last year, put in gas, and fired it up. I used it all last summer and fall. It works well as a booster pump also. Mine has standard hose connectors on both sides. I connect it to my water supply on the in side with a double female hose. It will increase the pressure on the out side so that you can have a long run or just want increased pressure at the nozzle.

RonL

/ TSC 1 cycle transfer pump
I used my new pump today and I was very pleased. The only complaint I have is that sucker is LOUD!!! Sorta pollutes the quietness of the country......

However, it pumped lots of water in a short period of time. I was very impressed with the amount and pressure of water that it discharged. In fact, I had to start just running it at idle because it was sucking water up faster than water would run into the hole I put it in. This got to be very muddy water, so I pumped some clean water out of my pond before I put it up.

I had to go get some bigger hose clamps before I started. Apparently the 1" spray hose that I got at Tractor Supply was bigger around than they expected, so the clamps that came with the pump wouldn't work. I got a 25' hose and cut about 6' for the discharge and left the big end (about 19') for the uptake (manual says up to 26 feet OK). I put a 1" to 3/4" adapter on the discharge and screwed a water hose on there. It will pump more water out the 1" than it will a water hose, but I had about 80 feet to take the water and I didn't have a 1" hose that long.

The spray hose I got is a little difficult to work with. It wants to coil up all the time, so I found the strainer wanted to hit me in the back of the head everytime I picked it up to move it.

All in all, a good tool I think. I plan to water stuff out of the pond and creek come summertime.

/ TSC 1 cycle transfer pump #8  
sounds like ya had alotta fun.. i have a couple larger 4-stroke pumps that i keep outside under the deck. got to always remember to drain em out after use, or they will freeze here in the winter and crack the volute..(sounds) like a good pump..no pun intended. have to get some ear plugs.
" keep on pumping" /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ TSC 1 cycle transfer pump #9  
Those little pumps are extremely useful. I use mine for high-volume herbicide applications as well.