tsc dollie; JUST SAY NO.!!!!

/ tsc dollie; JUST SAY NO.!!!! #51  
In March of '07 I came home to this.....

GarageDebris002.jpg

December of '06

Attachments

• Storm Damage Photos 030.jpg
    Storm Damage Photos 030.jpg
    716.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Storm Damage Photos 015.jpg
    Storm Damage Photos 015.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Storm Damage Photos 016.jpg
    Storm Damage Photos 016.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Storm Damage Photos 033.jpg
    Storm Damage Photos 033.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Storm Damage Photos 006.jpg
    Storm Damage Photos 006.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Storm Damage Photos 005.jpg
    Storm Damage Photos 005.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Storm Damage Photos 004.jpg
    Storm Damage Photos 004.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Storm Damage Photos 003.jpg
    Storm Damage Photos 003.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 72
   / tsc dollie; JUST SAY NO.!!!!
Man, I hate it when these things happen.!!!:eek:

/ tsc dollie; JUST SAY NO.!!!! #53  
Any word on what started the fire?

I don't know, the fireman said he thought it was at the base of the power pole about 200 feet away. It followed a fence line and it went around the old chicken coupe that my wife has been after me to tear down and up into the barn. It got into the tall grass behind my old barn but it didn't set it on fire. We we not home at the time. It is probably a coincidence but there were 3 barn fires within 2 miles on my road in a week. There used to be some neighbor kids that showed up every so often for a couple days at a summer house on the north side of the road just east of me for the last three years. I haven't seen them since the morning of the fire. It does make me wonder....I heard a "boom" sound earlier in the day while working in the bathroom puting in a mud pan for a shower. The lights went out and came back on....freak lightning bolt?? Kids with fireworks?? I haven't a clue. The barn didn't have electricity to it except for a 12-3 cord that was plugged into a gfi outlet in the basement of the house to run a couple of overhead lights (that were off). The GFI was tripped. Probabley by being shorted out by the fire I assume.

Attachments

• DSC02717.JPG
    DSC02717.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02718.JPG
    DSC02718.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC02719.JPG
    DSC02719.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC02720.JPG
    DSC02720.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC02721.JPG
    DSC02721.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC02722.JPG
    DSC02722.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 63
   / tsc dollie; JUST SAY NO.!!!! #54  
That is a strange one.

Chris

/ tsc dollie; JUST SAY NO.!!!! #55  
The American market has been FLOODED with CHEAP (read, NOT inexpensive but cheap) cr@p from overseas.

Instead of concentrating on the best pricing for GOOD stuff, the retailers have worked out a plan to sell high profit CHEAP stuff to unsuspecting buyers. Quality does not enter the equation at all for them. many domestic manufacturers have been froced to close or relocate to keep their costs down to "compete" at a price point because in most cases buyers can't compare products on quality. Quality is deeper than appearances and unfortunately some manufacturers have decided that they can "rest on their laurals" and sell sub-quality products based on their reputation. This short-sided tactic eventually catches up with you, it's been proven in every case.

I have NEVER been disappointed at paying a *little more* for the higher quality name-brand item but have been bitten almost every time when I penny-pinch.

/ tsc dollie; JUST SAY NO.!!!! #56  
The American market has been FLOODED with CHEAP (read, NOT inexpensive but cheap) cr@p from overseas.

Instead of concentrating on the best pricing for GOOD stuff, the retailers have worked out a plan to sell high profit CHEAP stuff to unsuspecting buyers. Quality does not enter the equation at all for them. many domestic manufacturers have been froced to close or relocate to keep their costs down to "compete" at a price point because in most cases buyers can't compare products on quality. Quality is deeper than appearances and unfortunately some manufacturers have decided that they can "rest on their laurals" and sell sub-quality products based on their reputation. This short-sided tactic eventually catches up with you, it's been proven in every case.

I have NEVER been disappointed at paying a *little more* for the higher quality name-brand item but have been bitten almost every time when I penny-pinch.

Amen!

I only shop places like Home Depot or Lowes as a last resort. I'll stick to the local hardware store that's been here for 30+ years even though they're a little more expensive. That's the only way we will keep them in business.

I bought 48,000# of bagged concrete from them over the course of this last summer, even though Home Depot is closer and would probably be a little cheaper. I buy my lumber from a local lumber yard which costs about 1/3 more, but at least the lumber doesn't split when you drive a nail into it. And when (2 months after delivery) I found one of the special ordered pole barn timbers I bought had a split half way through it, they replaced it no questions asked.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Mike058....Thanks for the link.

I got a smaller dolly in from Northern Tool. It's 16"x16" and has 3" wheels as opposed to the 4" wheels that came on the dolly from tsc.

First thing I did when I got the Fairbanks dolly was oil the wheels, swivels and axels. Softly placed my 600lb. ballast box onto the dolly and rolled it away like a piece of cake. Beautiful.

Thanks goes out to Chris...DiamondPilot. Thanks.