Tube type Slime

/ Tube type Slime #1  

2458n

Veteran Member
If I was at home I would remove tire and patch the tube correctly. This is not the case. Tractor is 100miles from home being used to finish bush hogging. About a month ago I had to replace the old tube with a new one. Got the tire and rim off the tractor and took it into town. $24.60 later I had a new tube in the tire. Before leaving I asked the guy who did the work if he found nails or thorns in the tire. No was his reply. Well last week I went back to the farm and the repaired tire is low;not flat but low. Should I take it off and return to the store and have it patched or pump it full of the tube type slime? Tire is on the front and is 7.50 x 16. The tractor has a front loader. Thank you for your thoughts.

/ Tube type Slime #2  
With tubes - I have no problem using Slime. I would not do so with a tubeless setup due to the mess.

/ Tube type Slime
Thanks for the input. We are having great weather right now and I do not want to lose any time fixing something if slime will work. But I had a boss who said if you are so busy that you can not fix it correctly now when will you find time to do it right. Who would think a boss would be correct. I will get up extra early and try to be their first customer.

/ Tube type Slime #4  
there are times when you have a deadline to meet ...

a truck is coming in 1 hour to pick up something ... the tire is flat on XXXXX that you need to load it ... it will take 3 hours turn around to fix it properly or 30 mins to do the quick fix ... end result is you do the quick fix now so you can load and do the proper fix on the weekend .....

but we both know that the proper fix never gets done unless the temp fix fails completely.....

BTW ... the low tire may have been caused by air left in the tire while the tube was being inflated ... the air between the tire and tube eventually leaked out and the tube didn't have enough air to fill the cavity ..... just pump it up again and see if it holds ( before sliming it )

/ Tube type Slime #5  
I love the stuff. It's great for older cars that get leaky along the bead of the alloy rims that you can never remedy without pulling them off the rim. Works great for those tiny little holes that you don't get full penetration with nails and screws too. Or for the ones that you had a hole and put a plug in and it didn't quite seal fully. Great stuff. I always get a gallon when it goes on sale and it lasts me for at least a few years. I know the mechanics don't like the stuff but then again you don't need them to fix the leak anyways if you use it.