Turf tires vs r4’s

/ Turf tires vs r4’s #51  
I have turfs that came with my Max26 (my choice). After sitting, it takes a good half hour for them to start riding nice. They develop a flat spot from sitting and that's how long it takes to get them "warmed up". Another reason why I would NEVER buy another Mahindra.

/ Turf tires vs r4’s
Rick Sr,
My 1989 Ford 1720 came with turf tires and a front end loader. Recently replaced the front tires and was told there was 2 grades one for front end loaders and one for tractors without. I have moved tons of dirt and gravel without any problems at all. Tractor doesn't tear up our trails in the woods either. Smooth riding in the fields as well.
Thanks, that’s what I was thinking.

/ Turf tires vs r4’s
I once had exactly that same tractor, with turf tires and a FEL. Best small-tractor I ever had probably. Traction in mud was not good, but I wasn't called to clean-up after mudslides very often. ;) . I really dislike R4 tires on a compact tractor because they're just bone-jarring (and I don't think a seat of any kind will fix that). R4s were designed for and belong on skidsteers. If you want a better ride, a longer wheelbase will make the biggest difference, but if there is a turf tire that the manufacturer says is GTG with a loader I wouldn't be afraid to try it at all. Changing rims if required will probably be expensive though.
Thanks, I talked to a guy who had r4’s and changed to turf and he said the ride was like night and day. Big difference in his opinion.

/ Turf tires vs r4’s #54  
I had a choice when I ordered my tractor I
chose the R4 6 ply I don't go to the races
so I don't notice the bumps and I hit bumps
but they don't bother me seat is nice and
soft. I prefer the 6ply tire over a 2 ply. Put
6 ply tires on my riding mower and when I
made a turn no more groves in the lawn
and put gulf cart tires on the back nice ride!

willy

/ Turf tires vs r4’s #55  
I have a Kubota L4701. With R4. The only time I notice rough caused by tread bumps is when on hard surface like concrete and going slow. I don't notice bumps at all when on gravel road or anywhere else. I do have a suspension seat, and that probably helps. Other considerations - Turf may have better traction on snow from what I read. But for loader work, I like r4 and 4wd. Best Wishes, Larry

/ Turf tires vs r4’s #56  
New Holland 27 hp 1630 super steer FEL works great with turf tires and way better for snow removal. Never have a problem. but I'm on turf or hot top, not in a muddy farm field

/ Turf tires vs r4’s
I have a Kubota L4701. With R4. The only time I notice rough caused by tread bumps is when on hard surface like concrete and going slow. I don't notice bumps at all when on gravel road or anywhere else. I do have a suspension seat, and that probably helps. Other considerations - Turf may have better traction on snow from what I read. But for loader work, I like r4 and 4wd. Best Wishes, Larry
Thanks Larry.

/ Turf tires vs r4’s
New Holland 27 hp 1630 super steer FEL works great with turf tires and way better for snow removal. Never have a problem. but I'm on turf or hot top, not in a muddy farm field
Thanks for the response

/ Turf tires vs r4’s
I had a choice when I ordered my tractor I
chose the R4 6 ply I don't go to the races
so I don't notice the bumps and I hit bumps
but they don't bother me seat is nice and
soft. I prefer the 6ply tire over a 2 ply. Put
6 ply tires on my riding mower and when I
made a turn no more groves in the lawn
and put gulf cart tires on the back nice ride!

willy
Thanks Willy

/ Turf tires vs r4’s #60  
I have turfs that came with my Max26 (my choice). After sitting, it takes a good half hour for them to start riding nice. They develop a flat spot from sitting and that's how long it takes to get them "warmed up". Another reason why I would NEVER buy another Mahindra.
So you're blaming the tractor instead of the static weight put on the tire by any tractor?
Try airing up some.