Turning into a RTV forum

/ Turning into a RTV forum #1  

rubber

I made the mistake of test driving the RTV, and went directly into the office and made the purchase. I could not pass up the price when compared with the 6x4 Gator diesel.

The owner of the dealership has already sold 24 RTVs and reordered twice.

Thanks for all the experienced posters that assisted me in making an informed decision. Now, I have to tell the wife about the purchase.

/ Turning into a RTV forum #2  
LOL. Take her for a ride first:)

Yes I feel same as you.. Nothing compares once you have driven or even looked at the RTV.

Frank

/ Turning into a RTV forum #3  
Welcome to TBN, both of you. I'd like to suggest you fill out your profile, so other's can get to know at a very minimum where you are located. Much of the advice on here is dependant on where you live.

/ Turning into a RTV forum #5  
I had been following the RTV since I first heard about it. My wife was pretty set on a gator. My only need was 4X4. So after months of talk, I was putting her off.... I finally dragged her around to some dealers.

She did some price shopping by phone too.... We looked at and kicked quite a few, too. She did not like the "looks" of the RTV. Hmmmm...... Anyway, this past weekend, it was back to the Kubota dealer for a side by side comparison and a test drive. You HAVE to test drive. Well, the moment she got on the RTV it was sold. Man, she was asking more questions than I would have at a dealer.

I signed the paper work this past Saturday, and it arrived Monday. All I hear now is RTV, RTV this and RTV that. Sigh...

It occupies the space her van use to in the garage. Another Hmmmm.

Anyway, the test drive did it.

I wonder if I can get my tractor in the garage too? It sits out in the equipment shed all by its lonesome. Somehow I doubt it.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Turning into a RTV forum #6  
I really like the RTV idea.. just wished it would do a bit faster in the speed department... Does 25 mph seem fast enough for farm use and an occaisional down the road visit to the neighbors?

/ Turning into a RTV forum #7  
I don't think 25 mph is fast enough and that's why we have ATV's as well. They're great for chores around the place but having to drive over a few miles and 25 gets slow.

/ Turning into a RTV forum #8  
I feel 25 is fast enough for me.. These are NOT BMW's in the handling dept so much faster is quite dangerous. Why do you think tractors are limited in too speed too? Beyond the safe operating speed of the vehicle. I was told that the DOT issues a 25 mph top speed for these vehicles anyway. The only one that I can think of faster is Polaris. I hear they got around the 25 mph thing by clasifying the machine as a recreational vehicle and not a work vehicle.

Frank

/ Turning into a RTV forum #9  
I'm not sure about DOT. I know in Iowa and Idaho there is no such law. There may be a state that does that, yours may be one. The Polaris is classified as a UTV and it does 40.

/ Turning into a RTV forum #10  
On the speed issue, 25mph is too fast when working around these hills, horses and me.

So far, 25mph seems to be just right for the down the road visit too.

Definite personal useage thing.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif