Two open center valves in series

/ Two open center valves in series #1  

Bsavulis

Tractor
Kioti CK25
Can I install two open center valves in series, if they are never operated at the same time? One is for a grapple, the other is for the thumb on the backhoe. Does anyone see any issues?

Thanks
Brian

/ Two open center valves in series #4  
Any concerns about pressurizing the downstream return line without a power beyond?.............Mike

/ Two open center valves in series #5  
Any concerns about pressurizing the downstream return line without a power beyond?.............Mike

Depends on the style of valve. Are these manifold D03 or D05 valves or typical cast iron mobile valves?

If manifold mount you will have to confirm the valves being used have tank port pressure rating equal to or greater than system pressure

Cast iron valves rarely have pressure rated tank ports

/ Two open center valves in series #6  
If you are running a Ford 1000 series as an example, the oil comes out of the pump, goes to a plate (for installation of a remote valve assy for things like cylinders on implements) and goes on to operate the 3 pt lift mechanism. If you remove the plate and install the remote control valves that is an open center, series operation.

/ Two open center valves in series
If I understand this correctly, with the 2 open center valves in series, when the second down stream valve is operated it blocks the free flow of oil, thus pressurizing the entire line all the way back to the pump which includes the tank port of the first OC valve. If I am correct what will happen to this port on the first valve? It is a mobile valve as you described. LINK to Surplus Center This is the link I was considering, I had spliced into the line that fed my 3point lift, to connect my back hoe, and log splitter. When no implement is attached I have a bypass hose that completes the circuit to the 3pt. Otherwise the feed to the 3pt would be deadheaded. This is where I was hoping to tap into for the grapple.

Brian

/ Two open center valves in series #8  
If you're going to be doing plumbing why not use a solenoid valve for the grapple so you can operate it via a switch on the joystick? I'm currently using a mechanical valve for my grapplethat was already on the tractor. Even though it is mounted close to the joystick I still hae to take my hand off the joystick and move it to open or close the grapple. A switch on the joystick would speed up operations.

/ Two open center valves in series
The main reason is that I would like to be able to have all 3 functions available at one time. Raise/Lower, Curl/dump, Grapple open/close. In my mind it appears this would have the most versatility for picking up piles of brush.

/ Two open center valves in series #10  
To do that a second manual valve would have to be mounted right next to the joystick so you can operate it with one hand. The switch and solenoid valve makes that easier. I'm talking third function here not a diverter that commonly uses the loader circuit.

Either way you may be disappointed on the simultanteous operation of the grapple and loader. That will depend on the system flow, the loader valve and the resistance on the cylinders. On my Branson not much happens on the downsteam valves when I'm operating the loader.