TYM 233 Rear Axle Shaft Seal Cross Reference

/ TYM 233 Rear Axle Shaft Seal Cross Reference #1  

kb12610

Tractor
TYM 233
TYM 233 Rear Axle Shaft Seal Cross Reference Needed

After some searching online I found a parts diagram for the 233. So I now have the TYM part number for the seal, it's the number 10 on the parts diagram. Part number is 13153240030 but it is a TYM number so there is nothing to cross. I was hoping to find someone that has the cross or has a factory seal that could be measured. Also if someone has done the replacement on the 233 I would like to know if there are any hidden booby traps to watch out for.

Last edited:
   / TYM 233 Rear Axle Shaft Seal Cross Reference #2  
If you cant find a X reference for the seal it should have a international part number on the seal that any bearing part supplier can get when you get it removed .

/ TYM 233 Rear Axle Shaft Seal Cross Reference
Thanks for the input. A visual inspection of the seal didn't reveal a number on the face. Matching the seal when apart is not the problem, that can can be sized without a problem or number. My problem is time. It's mowing season already and cant afford to have it down for a couple of weeks.

On the 233's you have to split the trans/axle case to pull the axle shafts to replace the seals. I have one side that has a good drip that is loosing considerable fluid.

My hope was that if I could find a seal spec/number that I could order up a split seal in case of emergency, meaning if it started pouring out fluid, that a replacement could be installed without removing the axle and get me by. I did find a source for a new old stock factory seal that I wouldn't use because if I tear it apart I'm going to put in the best quality seal available. It boils down to I'm cheap and don't want to spend $50 on a part number but will probably have to just get the size of it.

/ TYM 233 Rear Axle Shaft Seal Cross Reference #4  
Thanks for the input. A visual inspection of the seal didn't reveal a number on the face. Matching the seal when apart is not the problem, that can can be sized without a problem or number. My problem is time. It's mowing season already and cant afford to have it down for a couple of weeks.

On the 233's you have to split the trans/axle case to pull the axle shafts to replace the seals. I have one side that has a good drip that is loosing considerable fluid.

My hope was that if I could find a seal spec/number that I could order up a split seal in case of emergency, meaning if it started pouring out fluid, that a replacement could be installed without removing the axle and get me by. I did find a source for a new old stock factory seal that I wouldn't use because if I tear it apart I'm going to put in the best quality seal available. It boils down to I'm cheap and don't want to spend $50 on a part number but will probably have to just get the size of it.
What did you end up doing? My TYM has the same seal it is weeping now. If you have any instructions on how to replace it that would be great to. Never did a tractor HST seal before.

/ TYM 233 Rear Axle Shaft Seal Cross Reference #5  
The bearing on the inside of it is a 6208. The OD should be the same.

/ TYM 233 Rear Axle Shaft Seal Cross Reference #6  
I found the number OQ2715AO-JB on the seal. It does not seem to cross over to anything but it seems it is a JB Industries seal. Frustrating. If I can find the NON-TYM over priced seal I will be ecstatic.