TYM 554 Third functions options and install.

/ TYM 554 Third functions options and install. #1  

Courty

Tractor
Kubota L 5030
Looking at options. What's the best set up. Factory or aftermarket. Pros?Cons?

/ TYM 554 Third functions options and install. #2  
I would want to know how the factory version is installed. I have the impression from youtube that the factory version is basically installing a valve in the existing loader control block and adding hard hydraulic lines to the loader, but I am not sure if that applies to all models. (Also, I think the factory loader control arm already has switches and wiring so you just connect the factory wiring. But I would ask to confirm this is true for your specific model, because I don't know.

For the aftermarket kits, I'd want to know if they are using hard lines or hoses, where the solenoid block will be mounted, how it connects to the hydraulic system and how you wire it to the loader control arm.

I would lean towards the factory version if it truly integrates into the system rather than using an add-on unless someone could persuade me otherwise.

/ TYM 554 Third functions options and install. #3  
My factory kit was mostly hard line and the loader control a had been pre wired for a plug and play hook-up. It was not installed when I picked-up the tractor as the salesman forgot to add it so they sent out field service. An amazing young mechanic who was there for 45 minutes, that was because the first valve solenoid was bad. He had a spare in the truck which concerned me to some degree, so I plain out asked if this was a problem I needed to be concerned about. He informed me that he had several fail upon installation, hence why he carried backups, but if it worked after installation it was never a problem. I believe him as in a previous life I lived through the early Bosch electronic ignitions in Stihl chain saws, and there was no way to test them before installation_

The factory kit also comes with a protection plate for the assembly. He also pointed out that there is a hose from the block to the loader arm that may get in the way of the cab door if equipped. He had nice heavy ties to cure that that were not part of the kit.

/ TYM 554 Third functions options and install. #4  
Oem

/ TYM 554 Third functions options and install. #5  
I’d stay with the OEM if possible. Most aftermarket kits look like some guy just put it together in the garage, with off the shelf hoses, which don’t quite fit.

The OEM looks like it was actually designed to fit.

Im looking for a factory kit I can canabalize to get the hardlines and brackets.

/ TYM 554 Third functions options and install. #6  
My OEM 3rd function for my T25 is a true 3rd function, not a diverter valve like the aftermarket. Not sure if the 554 is the same, I dont see a 3rd function kit in the options on the TYM website. I'd contact a dealer.

/ TYM 554 Third functions options and install. #7  
OEM, they usually have much nice hardline plumbing most of the way, while the WR long uses almost rubber hoses exclusively most of the way.