TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #21  
My T233 has a Mitsubishi engine. One of the guys on the forum was looking for a new injector line for his T273. He was shocked at the cost. I looked around on line, at parts for the Mitsubishi L3 engines, which were used in everything from air compressors and generators to CAT skidsteers.

I figured out that TYM, and other manufacturers, are just adding a few digits to the Mitsubishi catalog number. And, If you use the part type or name, just start taking numbers off the TYM part number as you search, you start to find the Mitsubishi, CAT, Etc parts for less than they same part as a TYM.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #22  
Hi, I am over on Square H
It has been working fine till now. The last time I had the cutter on was 2019 when my brother was cutting the field for me after my accident. No problem then. I did notice that last winter when I was plowing snow it seemed a bit sluggish in the deep stuff. When the cutter spins up it sounds normal and cuts great. I guess I can try disengaging the cuter when it starts to act up and see if the issue is still there.
I'm over off of 344 and 472.... just around the corner!

When it acts up, disengaging the cutter might give you a direction to look. If the load comes off and the tractor comes back up to speed, well you found the problem.... the cutter.

No other odd noises, smells, or smoke?

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time
I'm over off of 344 and 472.... just around the corner!

When it acts up, disengaging the cutter might give you a direction to look. If the load comes off and the tractor comes back up to speed, well you found the problem.... the cutter.

No other odd noises, smells, or smoke?
Ok, did that. RPM slowly came back but dropped when I tried to increase speed. Also, RPM comes back with the cutter engaged and not moving. I will have a new lift pump Friday so we will see what that does.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #24  
Since deliveries through Amazon now can take 7 to 10-days: If there is something I need, I go show it to local brick and mortar shops, and ask if they have somethings similar within 15% to 30% in stock, that I can walk out of the store with. I would expect that my local NAPA would have a universal pump in stock.

/ TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #25  
This past weekend my buddy was brush hogging with his Ls tractor and it started doing the same thing. I asked if the radiator was clean and he said yes, Once we lifted the hood i could see that the oil cooler hydro cooler and radiator were all plugged , I also pulled the air cleaner and it was real bad, Spent some time blowing everything out, then it ran fine after that,

This past weekend my buddy was brush hogging with his Ls tractor and it started doing the same thing. I asked if the radiator was clean and he said yes, Once we lifted the hood i could see that the oil cooler hydro cooler and radiator were all plugged , I also pulled the air cleaner and it was real bad, Spent some time blowing everything out, then it ran fine after that,
Radiator is clean and filter is clean. I also pulled the air filter out to make sure micky did not set up a home in there. All clean

Since deliveries through Amazon now can take 7 to 10-days: If there is something I need, I go show it to local brick and mortar shops, and ask if they have somethings similar within 15% to 30% in stock, that I can walk out of the store with. I would expect that my local NAPA would have a universal pump in stock.
I get most of my Amazon orders in two days if it is a Prime supplier. This one is not and is coming USPS

The amazon one is a Chinese copy. The original is Korean made. As far as the price, they aren't quite as high from TYM but still outrageous. All the TYM parts from Mahindra are anywhere from 10-100% higher then from TYM. More Information for AUTOBEST 12D . This is the one I've been using when the customer doesn't want the factory one. One thing I would add, if your new pump doesn't come with a strainer. Install an inline fuel filter before the pump. Most of these are setup were they are pulling unfiltered fuel from the tank. Scratch that. Looked in the manual and this one is setup with the filter before the lift pump.
I looked at the Autobest pump. Specs are good but it says for carburetor only. Does anyone even make a diesel with a carb? I didn't think that was possible. Everything I know about a diesel says it is impossible so I figure it was some gas engine description carry over that a very no-technical person was writing. Since this is just a lift pump to get fuel from the tank to the injector pump at 4-7psi it would not matter.

Last edited:
   / TYM T293 Lost Power After 20 Minutes Run time #29  
I looked at the Autobest pump. Specs are good but it says for carburetor only. Does anyone even make a diesel with a carb? I didn't think that was possible. Everything I know about a diesel says it is impossible so I figure it was some gas engine description carry over that a very no-technical person was writing. Since this is just a lift pump to get fuel from the tank to the injector pump at 4-7psi it would not matter.
Yeah, I just ignore that part. Obviously someone wrote that up that has never been under the hood on anything lol. Some of the old distillate fuel tractors used a carb with a fuel that was similar to diesel. No fuel pumps and a lot of the time no electrical system on them either though.

Yeah, I just ignore that part. Obviously someone wrote that up that has never been under the hood on anything lol. Some of the old distillate fuel tractors used a carb with a fuel that was similar to diesel. No fuel pumps and a lot of the time no electrical system on them either though.
I have heard of those. My farther in law when he was a kid back in the 50s stole fuel from a tractor for his car not knowing. Car smoked like a mother until he burnt most of it out and added pure gas. Never did that again.