Tym T474 : the secret data

/ Tym T474 : the secret data #1  

EuroYanmar

Gold Member
Tractor
Tractormatic
Good morning,

I spent a good deal of time searching for the power available at the PTO of this tractor.

No information on the tym european websites or adds.
No information on the tym north america websites.

My personal opinion, in such a situation, is built on my Antonio Carraro tractors experience : they never share this specification because there is a huge loss in the trasmission between the engine and the PTO.

Is it the same situation with Tym T474 ? Could anybody on the board share this information ?

Thanks for your help,

Phil

/ Tym T474 : the secret data #2  
PTO HP is listed on the US Website at least.

t474_spec | TYM Tractors

It doesn't mention if it's for the HST or Geared tractor. I'm thinking it's related to HST tractor since the difference is so big.

Also, was checking some older TYM models on TractorData and some of them will list PTO HP.

For geared tractors, PTO HP is usually around 5 to 7 HP less than the engine HP.

Sorry for the offtopic, but does the Antonio Carraro loose that much HP to the PTO? First tractor I looked when I was buying, was a Antonio Carraro Tigre 4400, That thing really caught my eye and it was and still is the perfect size for me. It's very compact and low profile, but the dealer wasn't interested on making a deal for my tractors I had for trade in. The only con for the AC would be, that it's not really a tractor meant to have a loader, but I would figure something out.

/ Tym T474 : the secret data #3  
Screenshot taken from Tony's Tractor Adventure and TYM going over the T474 on Youtube.

tym474.JPG

/ Tym T474 : the secret data #4  
Wow the Antonio Carraro is a different looking tractor, wonder why built so low to the ground.

/ Tym T474 : the secret data #5  
Wow the Antonio Carraro is a different looking tractor, wonder why built so low to the ground.

It's a vineyard and orchard tractor built with stability for hilly grounds. Very typical stuff in Italy.

It's 4x4, with front and rear diff lockers as standard. It's available in articulated or front steering. Also, some models will have reversible operators platform, so you can face the back of the tractor with all the controls handy when mowing.

Can work side to side (not up/down) safely up to a 40 degree slope. Yes 40 degree, not 40% slope. If you have the balls, it can actually go a bit more. :)

/ Tym T474 : the secret data
Screenshot taken from Tony's Tractor Adventure and TYM going over the T474 on Youtube.

View attachment 676906

Hi Tym Norsky,

Congratulations for your youtube video about oil changing on TYM T474 !

Thanks for this last info.
So let's do a little calculation : (48,3-35,9)/48,3=25,7 %
If these specifications are the right ones there is a HUGE loss of power belween the engine and the PTO.
Like I said, the same situation as in Antonio Carraro tractors.
I cannot understand how, from a technical POV such a loss can be possible.

Phil

Last edited:
PTO HP is listed on the US Website at least.

t474_spec | TYM Tractors

It doesn't mention if it's for the HST or Geared tractor. I'm thinking it's related to HST tractor since the difference is so big.

Also, was checking some older TYM models on TractorData and some of them will list PTO HP.

For geared tractors, PTO HP is usually around 5 to 7 HP less than the engine HP.

Sorry for the offtopic, but does the Antonio Carraro loose that much HP to the PTO? First tractor I looked when I was buying, was a Antonio Carraro Tigre 4400, That thing really caught my eye and it was and still is the perfect size for me. It's very compact and low profile, but the dealer wasn't interested on making a deal for my tractors I had for trade in. The only con for the AC would be, that it's not really a tractor meant to have a loader, but I would figure something out.

Hi PTSG,

Yes all those isodiametric tractors are perfect for slopes, like in my area. In Italy the majority of tractors you encounter are of those kinds : Goldonis, Antonio Carraros, (the green Ferraris, the yellow Pasqualis, the blue BCS all the same except the color).
I have learnt on an italian machinery forum that their main problem is the power loss at the PTO. I have tried 3 times to ask for the power available at the PTO with Antonio Carraro dealers and they never gave me the information, finding each time a different reason for their silence.
Another problem : it is very difficult to mount a FEL. The only company selling loaders for these tractors is the firm Bonnati and these FEL are not ergonomic at all.

Guys, please have a look on the following Excel sheet and tell us what you think about it :

I would be very pleased if a TYM official could confirm or not the veracity of these datas for their tractors.

PTO loss.JPG

Phil

Last edited:
   / Tym T474 : the secret data #8  
Those isodiametric tractors are not loader friendly at all.

I can't quite figure out why these tractors have so much power loss at the PTO. It's pretty much a straight shot from the flywheel to the rear reduction gearbox for the PTO. Not sure why there are so many losses on such a simple drivetrain, but on the other hand, we don't really have the most accurate specs from the tractor manufacturers regarding PTO horsepower.

It would be nice if those guys that do the Nebraska tractor tests could test pretty much all the tractors.

Which by the way, they did test the TYM T603. Here is the link for the results, should give you a more accurate number for your calculations. https://tractortestlab.unl.edu/documents/TYM_T603.pdf