Tym T474 : the secret data

/ Tym T474 : the secret data #12  
Hi Tym Norsky,

Congratulations for your youtube video about oil changing on TYM T474 !

Thanks for this last info.
So let's do a little calculation : (48,3-35,9)/48,3=25,7 %
If these specifications are the right ones there is a HUGE loss of power belween the engine and the PTO.
Like I said, the same situation as in Antonio Carraro tractors.
I cannot understand how, from a technical POV such a loss can be possible.

Phil

Thanks EuroYanmar, just trying to help build the technical how-to's for the T474. You're right at 25% loss is immense, but for an HST it seems to be pretty darn the standard these days whether you look at LS, Kioti?

/ Tym T474 : the secret data
Thanks EuroYanmar, just trying to help build the technical how-to's for the T474. You're right at 25% loss is immense, but for an HST it seems to be pretty darn the standard these days whether you look at LS, Kioti?

Yes,

I did'nt check for Kioti and LS. The LS brand is down in Europe. Kioti is here but I prefer TYM tractors.
The reason why I am performing all this computing is because I am interested in buying the same tractor you are blessed to own : the T475.
I may have chosen Branson F47 but if the cab models F47 CHn and TYM T475 are virtually the same, the ROPS models I am interested in are very different and IMHO TYM475 is superior.......except for its power loss at PTO, if it is confirmed !

BTW, if you find my Yanmar AF22 in US, just tell me, it was stolen during the night a year ago :laughing:

Phil

I dig up this topic because I found other datas on Kukje and Tym global websites :
For Kukje (Branson) :
Branson
And for Tong Yang Moolsan (Tym) :
Tym
There are much more technical informations on those websites than on national ones.
Regarding to the PTO power loss here is what I found :
PTO power loss.JPG

So :
For Tym T474 HST : (48,3-32,3)/48,3 =33,12 %
For Tym T475 HST : (45,6-32,3)/45,6 = 29,16%
For Branson F47 Hn (HST) : (45-40)/45= 11 %

With three times less power loss at the PTO, Branson is clearly the winner...

Phil

Last edited:
   / Tym T474 : the secret data #15  
It's a vineyard and orchard tractor built with stability for hilly grounds. Very typical stuff in Italy.

It's 4x4, with front and rear diff lockers as standard. It's available in articulated or front steering. Also, some models will have reversible operators platform, so you can face the back of the tractor with all the controls handy when mowing.

Can work side to side (not up/down) safely up to a 40 degree slope. Yes 40 degree, not 40% slope. If you have the balls, it can actually go a bit more. :)

Thank you for the explanation pstg , that is a amazing tractor !

/ Tym T474 : the secret data #16  
I have asked this ? of PTO HP drop to a few people. I asked Mr. Tony from Tony's Tractor Adventure who is featuring some TYM tractors on his channel. He stated "The HST 474 has 41 PTO HP. They have updated the brochure." Now if TYM has this new brochure available I do not know. But it would be great if they could update the website if the 41 PTO HP is indeed correct. Given other brands etc. a PTO HP drop of 9-10 from gross is reasonable and in line with what I would expect. 48.3 HP ---> 32.3 HP is a drop of 16 HP and that I would say is very unreasonable.

/ Tym T474 : the secret data #17  
I have asked this ? of PTO HP drop to a few people. I asked Mr. Tony from Tony's Tractor Adventure who is featuring some TYM tractors on his channel. He stated "The HST 474 has 41 PTO HP. They have updated the brochure." Now if TYM has this new brochure available I do not know. But it would be great if they could update the website if the 41 PTO HP is indeed correct. Given other brands etc. a PTO HP drop of 9-10 from gross is reasonable and in line with what I would expect. 48.3 HP ---> 32.3 HP is a drop of 16 HP and that I would say is very unreasonable.

I totally agree with you. 16 HP seems way too much.

I would expect probably 10 to 12 HP for the HST tractors and maybe 6 to 8HP for Gear tractors.

Then again, hardly anyone specifies PTO HP anymore. The few that list don't do really a good job on explaining those PTO HP numbers, if it's HST or Geared.

/ Tym T474 : the secret data #18  
I totally agree with you. 16 HP seems way too much.

I would expect probably 10 to 12 HP for the HST tractors and maybe 6 to 8HP for Gear tractors.

Then again, hardly anyone specifies PTO HP anymore. The few that list don't do really a good job on explaining those PTO HP numbers, if it's HST or Geared.

I'm curious why would you expect the hydrostatic tractors to have a larger HP loss then a gear drive tractor on the PTO.
Seeing as how the pto doesn't get driven by the hydro's.
I wouldn't expect much difference on the pto between gear and hydro, the hydro is running the hydro pump but i wouldn't expect that much drag.
PTO hp is the easiest one to measure once a tractor is built.
Now if they were advertising drawbar hp then I would expect to see a considerable difference.

Heck my 8050 is supposed to be 78 engine horse but only 65 pto horse and it's not a hydro.

/ Tym T474 : the secret data #19  
I agree with you if the tractor is going to be standstill like on a PTO dyno, PTO generator, running a water pump, etc and I probably should've mentioned when the tractor is moving as well as running the PTO.

Now if you're tilling the ground with a rototiller, the HST pump will be eat a decent amount of HP even though it's just barely moving. Or mowing, using a spading machine, etc. You get the point.

I was checking Kubota just for the kicks as they usually have listed the PTO HP on Tractordata and they do claim a 2 to 3HP difference between hydro and gear models.

Would be interesting to see the PTO HP values on a dyno if they could do it while moving the tractor.

I agree with you if the tractor is going to be standstill like on a PTO dyno, PTO generator, running a water pump, etc and I probably should've mentioned when the tractor is moving as well as running the PTO.

Now if you're tilling the ground with a rototiller, the HST pump will be eat a decent amount of HP even though it's just barely moving. Or mowing, using a spading machine, etc. You get the point.

I was checking Kubota just for the kicks as they usually have listed the PTO HP on Tractordata and they do claim a 2 to 3HP difference between hydro and gear models.

Would be interesting to see the PTO HP values on a dyno if they could do it while moving the tractor.

Gentlemen,

Korean engineers are aware of this question :

You can have a look on the data (curves) here for a Kioti tractor LX470C (gear model, I guess).
Have a look on the text too if you are fluent in Korean !
ResearchGate

PTO power depends directly of the engine RPM.

Phil