TYM T494 Backhoe Not Operating!

/ TYM T494 Backhoe Not Operating! #1  

Eli-Papa

Tractor
looking to bye
I just purchased 07/22/2022 a TYM T494 package with front loader and backhoe! Everything seems to operate fine except when trying to remove the boom safety pin I wasn't able to release the hydraulic pressure because there doesn't seem to be any pressure at all as the bucket or swing doesn't work! What could be the problem? The dealership in Ocala Florida where purchased isn't any help at all

/ TYM T494 Backhoe Not Operating! #2  
My RK37 is built by TYM and there's a lever to the right on the seat behind the 3pt lift lever that controls the remote valves. I would check to see if the backhoe is even connected and then look at your manual for an explanation on the lever to control the remote.

/ TYM T494 Backhoe Not Operating!
Thanks so much for your suggestion (sorry to be just getting back to use was busy getting familiar with new tractor) the control for hydraulic fluid to operate my backhoe was located exactually where you said! Wonder why there isn't any mention of this control location in the owner's manual? It's members like yourself that make this forum so successful! Thanks again and have a blessed day!

/ TYM T494 Backhoe Not Operating! #4  
The remote controls hydraulic flow to the backhoe. So you have to open the flow for it to work. Other attachments can be used in the remotes too. Sometimes when you hook up the connections there is low or no flow, unhook the connections and re attach. When disconnecting you have to shut the remote off and then sometimes thee is pressure still in the hydraulic lines, this will make disconnecting hard. Move the joysticks on the loader a little and it will release the pressure.

Very good to know Thanks!

/ TYM T494 Backhoe Not Operating! #6  
Eli-Papa, the mention of this is on page 2-28 in the RK37 manual. It should be in yours too but you really have to be looking for it to see it.

1659119872374.png

Thanks for the information but evidently there is difference between RK37 owner's manual & the TYM t494 manual as it hasn't any reference to the hydraulic lever! Tractor is working very well as the only issue so far was in finding and turning on the hydraulic port!

/ TYM T494 Backhoe Not Operating! #8  
Check page 2-32 of your manual.......