TYM754 or Workmaster75

/ TYM754 or Workmaster75 #1  

Theof

Tractor
JD 1025TLB
Looking at TYM754 and NH Workmaster75 both with cabs. NH is 5k more but price is not most important factor. Don’t know if NH has exterior levers or switches to adjust 3 point while outside of tractor. That Would be a deal breaker if it doesn’t. Seems to be a lot of you tube videos and forum comments that aren’t kind to NH. Frequently about wiring. But other complaints also. I’m concerned that Fiat tractors (owner of NH) will be as bad as Fiat cars. owned 4720h Branson for 6 years. No major problems. Very few minor. I know Branson is separate from TYM But both have same owner. Both are power shuttles And ag tires. Not sure which one might have simpler tier4 systems. both available now. Look at Deere 4066. very nice but ground clearance too low. Your comments please.

/ TYM754 or Workmaster75 #2  
The 4066 is a smaller frame size, not really even comparable in capabilities of the other 2 you have mentioned.
Maybe look at a JD 5075e if you want to consider a JD.
Have you sat in each one of them. Ergonomics are HUGE and should be very high on the list of approval IMO.
Who wants to operate a machine for hours at a time and be uncomfortable. Yes you can get use to it, but why deal with it at all?

I'm sure others will have an opinion one way or another.
Good luck with your decision. :)

/ TYM754 or Workmaster75 #3  
I really like my WM75. Very comfortable and I am a big guy. Great dealer support for the one warranty issue I had with the PTO not wanting to disengage while hot. Dealer work with NH technical support to get it fixed. There is an option for an exterior 3rd function lever.

/ TYM754 or Workmaster75
The 4066 is a smaller frame size, not really even comparable in capabilities of the other 2 you have mentioned.
Maybe look at a JD 5075e if you want to consider a JD.
Have you sat in each one of them. Ergonomics are HUGE and should be very high on the list of approval IMO.
Who wants to operate a machine for hours at a time and be uncomfortable. Yes you can get use to it, but why deal with it at all?

I'm sure others will have an opinion one way or another.
Good luck with your decision. :)

/ TYM754 or Workmaster75
Thanks to all for your input. REPOWELL: is the optional lever you refer to a 3rd function lever or operate the 3 point from back of tractor. Is this option available only from factory or can it be dealer installed. Thanks

/ TYM754 or Workmaster75 #7  
Sorry, my bad. It is an exterior 3PT lever, not third function. Dealer should be able to install it or you could probably do it yourself. Here is the parts diagram from Messick's. The are some holes already at the back of the tractor which is probably where it mounts.

1635009388274.png

/ TYM754 or Workmaster75
Thanks for the update and 3pt info. Very helpful.

/ TYM754 or Workmaster75 #9  
I bought a WM55 not too long ago, same tractor as 75 the motor is just dialed back. I wanted the external 3pt adjustment, but my dealer acted like it was a factory only option and I didn't want it bad enough to wait for one to become available. I don't really see why a dealer couldn't install it to be honest but I didn't press the issue. I bought that model tractor specifically because it has a buddy seat for my boys to ride with me so they can be my external adjuster when they are a little older.

As an aside, I've been really happy with my WM so far, but I have 0 experience with the TYM you are comparing to. I've given a couple of updates on my tractor on the thread where I was asking for advice if you care to take a look at those.

Best of luck with your decision.

Last edited: