Type of grease?

/ Type of grease? #1  

JTKub

Veteran Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet Z-Force 44
What type of grease to you guys use for your deck spindles and all the misc. zerks on your machines? The factory stuff is a thick caramel colored stuff. Just wondering if their will be any compatability issues?

Thanks!
Joel

/ Type of grease? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What type of grease to you guys use for your deck spindles and all the misc. zerks on your machines? The factory stuff is a thick caramel colored stuff. Just wondering if their will be any compatability issues?

Thanks!
Joel )</font>

Joel, I've always used standard lithium based automotive grease and it's worked fine. ANy old grease will be flushed out fairly quickly and shouldn't present a problem.

Bob B.

/ Type of grease? #3  
Same as Bob, inexpensive lithium grease.

Mike

/ Type of grease? #4  
Same as Mike, plain old lithium grease is all you need. There want be any problems mixing with what is already on it.

/ Type of grease? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What type of grease to you guys use for your deck spindles and all the misc. zerks on your machines? The factory stuff is a thick caramel colored stuff. Just wondering if their will be any compatability issues?

Thanks!
Joel )</font>

The regular lithium grease or high pressure moly grease is fine. What's more important than what kind of grease you use is that you apply it regularly and frequently, IMHO. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Type of grease? #6  
If you have an owners manual, the type of grease, where to grease, frequency of greasing, motor oil filter, hydro oil filters, motor oil type, hydro oil type, quantities, and when to change the oil and filters should all be in the manual. It's all in mine, although I do not have the same Cub Cadet tractor you do and I am not familiar with the owners manual that comes with your model of tractor. I'm just guessing that it might.

/ Type of grease?
Thanks for the replies guys. My manual says to use "251H EP grease, or equivalent #2 multi-purpose lithium grease". I'll have to admit I've never heard of 251H EP or #2 lithium!!!
Thanks
Joel

/ Type of grease? #8  
EP = Extreme Pressure. I buy mine at Wal*Mart. It's their brand and is rather inexpensive.