UFO's... What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / UFO's... What do you think? #971  
I'm a hard science technology guy...not much into spiritualism.
Science, to me, is factual information
Agree, factual information and tested and proven theory (at least as far as we can test it). Some of the aspects of quantum mechanics are weird to point of defying logic, yet they have been tested and so far shown to be true.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #972  
Trust me ... they are telling the TRUTH!
I believe that they are not consciously lying and they believe every word they say to be the truth. Beyond that it is what you choose to be true. It comes down to putting your faith in the veracity of a human. Humans don't exactly have a stellar (pun intended) track record in veracity.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #974  
I believe that they are not consciously lying and they believe every word they say to be the truth. Beyond that it is what you choose to be true. It comes down to putting your faith in the veracity of a human. Humans don't exactly have a stellar (pun intended) track record in veracity.
Well put.

I always had a hard time swallowing facts. I had to spit out most of the stuff they forced down my throat in school in order to go spiritual.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #975  
Well put.

I always had a hard time swallowing facts. I had to spit out most of the stuff they forced down my throat in school in order to go spiritual.
Yeah, I always had a hard time with "first there was nothing, then nothing happened resulting in everything."

/ UFO's... What do you think? #976  
Speaking of rain...I never understood how there are storms at sea which pick up ocean salt water. Then the storm moves inland and it rains salt-free water!
I was either asleep during that science lesson or it was the time I had the science teacher who looked like Barbara Eden.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #977  

I wish I had to confidence to think only math(and things) I can understand exist. That's kinda an ironic view point for an"spiritualist" like you. Also enjoy watching/reading about science and never once have I finished one and said, "Well that proves it God doesn't exist". Quite the opposite actually and as far as I know it many of the greatest scientists believe in God.

If rain fell up on the other side of the Earth I'd agree with you....
I was going to post this but you beat me to it

??
Gravity. more specifically the massive heavy metal core which also creates the magnetic field around the earth.

It rains on the Indian Ocean It rains in the central USA-(Antipodes) at the same time. Both rain drop groups are attracted to a common central mass.

It did take 100 years since Einstein predicted them, but even Gravity waves are "real" and can now be measured.

New LIGO discovery of highly eccentric Black hole merger

Last edited:
   / UFO's... What do you think? #980  
Speaking of rain...I never understood how there are storms at sea which pick up ocean salt water. Then the storm moves inland and it rains salt-free water!
I was either asleep during that science lesson or it was the time I had the science teacher who looked like Barbara Eden.
I used to wonder about those "stranded at sea" movies where they couldn't drink the ocean water because it was too salty, but could drink the rain water.

You know this now, but I only thougth about it semi-recently when we converted our pool to salt water years ago, and it rang the bell about the lessons learned long ago about how they get table salt by evaporating salt water in shallow pools. Salt doesn't easily evaporate compared to water. The sun is a big still. It heats the water, evaporates it sans salt, and dumps fresh water when the clouds get saturated.

When our pool looses 2" of water through evaporation, the salt concentration goes up. When I add 2" of fresh water, the salt concentration goes down.

I only have to add salt to the pool at the start of the year when I top off the water, or if we have a rain event that overflows it and dilutes the salt concentration.

Anyhow, things we question when young and things we're willing to learn later...

Status
Not open for further replies.