Ultimate Boom Pole

/ Ultimate Boom Pole #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
I took my son downtown Saturday (rain, no tractoring OR biking /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif ) to check out a very large crane. Turns out it's a big crawler crane with a big ring built around it. The boom and counterweights ride on the ring (on rollers) for added stability. Counterweight stack must have been two stories high! They were lifting precast concrete building parts to a new addition... over an existing parking garage /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Is there such thing as a compact utility crane /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

(for some reason I couldn't get this picture to work with the [ image ] tags. Any idea why not?)

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

Attachments

• 6-49143-MECRingerattachmentsPhoto.jpg
    6-49143-MECRingerattachmentsPhoto.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 92
   / Ultimate Boom Pole #2  
It has to be posted to a website before it will work. Now that you have posted it as an attachment, I should be able to post it in my post (is that doublespeak?). I'll give it a try here:

6-49143-MECRingerattachmentsPhoto.jpg

You have to put the whole url in including "http://" on this one. Hope this helps, Rob.

JimI

/ Ultimate Boom Pole #3  
Viola! It worked!/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Nice photo too, but it looks like it is lifting a huge tank instead of precast building parts. Some of the biggest cranes I have ever seen were in the shipyards when I was in the Navy. They were mounted on rails running beside drydocks which could hold aircraft carriers. They were pretty hefty too.

JimI

/ Ultimate Boom Pole
Thanks Jim. Actually, I got that picture from the Manitowoc web site, which is why I don't understand why it didn't work the first time /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif