Unknown ford filters

/ Unknown ford filters #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
I recently got my hands on a bunch of old style but still brand new ford spin on oil filters in a pile of spares but have no idea what they fit. Have had no joy with dealers ..?
Where are all those ford parts men ...???

/ Unknown ford filters #2  
Oh my! That's like having the last seven digits of a telephone number and trying to figure out what the area code is. If the parts are Ford, that will make it even more difficult since they would now be New Holland and probably have changed numbers many times. Have you tried using something like a Wix number cross-reference to get the Wix replacement number and then work backwards from there? If you can find a current replacement number, it might get you one step closer to the ID.

/ Unknown ford filters #3  
D7E;

jinman is right. Go to Wix Filter's web site and use the cross reference feature. The filter you show comes up with a jillion applications from Allis-Chalmers to Grimmer Schmidt. Try
this for your filter: WIX Filters : Filter Look-Up

Good Luck;

SimS

/ Unknown ford filters #4  
I googled "Ford 9613321 and only got one hit.

According to this web site BF582 [9613321] - $6.89 : A Parts Depot.com, Home Page it cross references to a Baldwin BF582.

"Baldwin replacement for FORD MOTOR CO. # 9613321".

Then looking up a Baldwin BF582 Baldwin Filter BF582 Fuel Filter it says that it is a secondary fuel filter:

Baldwin Filter BF582 Fuel Filter
Descriptions : Microlite Secondary Fuel Spin-on
Notes : CAUTION: Furnished O-Ring must be installed to seal. Part of BF897 KIT.
Fits : Allis Chalmers, Case, Fiat-Allis, Grimmer Schmidt Equipment
Replaces : Case A58713
Thread : 15/16-16
O.D. : 3 3/4 (95.3)
Length : 5 5/16 (134.9)
I.Gskt : G401
O_Ring : ES24-B

/ Unknown ford filters #5  
I googled "Ford 9613321 and only got one hit.

According to this web site BF582 [9613321] - $6.89 : A Parts Depot.com, Home Page it cross references to a Baldwin BF582.

"Baldwin replacement for FORD MOTOR CO. # 9613321".

Then looking up a Baldwin BF582 Baldwin Filter BF582 Fuel Filter it says that it is a secondary fuel filter:

Baldwin Filter BF582 Fuel Filter

I found the same crossreference info. I think there is a flaw in the data, as there is no application for any Ford, New Holland or FNH equipment. FNH didn't bother marketing a filter for which there is no application within their product line.

/ Unknown ford filters #6  
D7E, Morning,

If the threads are the same and the gasket mates to the gasket surface on the block or remote housing, then it should work. Dave

/ Unknown ford filters #7  
D7E, Morning,

If the threads are the same and the gasket mates to the gasket surface on the block or remote housing, then it should work. Dave

I dunno. If the WIX and Baldwin cross reference it to a fuel filter, I would not put it on as an oil filter. Saving $6 to $10 on a filter isn't worth potential engine damage.

If RickB can't tell you what it is (with his dealer experience) then I would not chance using it.

My 2 cents.

/ Unknown ford filters
Just wondered if any one knew for sure because i have 4 ford tractors and theres 15 of these filters....I can't think what ford of this era had a spin on diesel filter...