Updated Mouse Trap Bucket

/ Updated Mouse Trap Bucket #2  
Kinda reminds me of the mouse (man) that said, "Here, hold my cheese,and watch this".:laughing:

/ Updated Mouse Trap Bucket #3  
I like that... need to copy it.

/ Updated Mouse Trap Bucket #4  
I have a used the bucket trap but with a small juice bottle rotating on a thin wire. Took a small plastic juice bottle, drilled a hole in the center of the cap and center of the bottom. Strung the wire thru these drilled holes and secured the wire thru the bucket handle holes very tight. Took a 18" 1x2, and drove thru two nails thru the upper end of the 1x2 about 1'' from the end. This ramp is now hooked on to the bucket. To attract the mouse as they run up the ramp I smeared peanut butter on the entire juice bottle and made sure it was over the center of the bucket. To make sure it the bottle stayed in place but could easily spin I crimped a stop about 1/4" from each end of the juice bottle on the wire. Bottle now spins freely when any weight hops on the bottle to feast on the peanut butter. Since I'm not able to check on this trap daily or monthly I needed something to keep a dead mouse from stinking up my bunk house. Solution; antifreeze. About 2'' deep has done the trick. Pickled mice. Next spring I'll give the critters a proper burial.

idaho2

/ Updated Mouse Trap Bucket
I use left over oil in a budket. As I am gone for such long periods of time I found the water and antifreeze tend to evaporate. I do feel guilt. Drowning sucks. but chewed up stuff sucks more.

/ Updated Mouse Trap Bucket #7  
OMG, he trained the mice to jump out of 5 gallon pails! now we are all doomed!
:D

/ Updated Mouse Trap Bucket #8  
OMG, he trained the mice to jump out of 5 gallon pails! now we are all doomed!
:D

That one mouse was getting one heck of a free education! Those little buggers DO learn from their mistakes.

/ Updated Mouse Trap Bucket #9  
You need not get all that creative.
Simply placing a 5 gal bucket touching a brick, stone or textured wall will provide adequate traction for their tiny feet and they simply jump in.
Popcorn and or peanut butter are the baits of choice.

/ Updated Mouse Trap Bucket #10  
PILOON,

But it's fun to get creative! I've made two traps with a Rub Goldberg way of thinking. First was the bucket trap but I used a small DC solenoid to push the little bugger off the cliff. The switch was a small pc of beer can thin metal. Once they stepped on it, the solenoid rammed out, oh and there was a sharp needle on the end!!

Second trap was using a "one way valve". I used 1-1/2" PVC pipe. along the rim of the pipe, I placed a bead of Silicon caulk. Before the calk set, I place pins/needles all pointing in the pipe. Mice could go in the pipe, but many sharp pins facing him on the way out