upgrade BCS725/electric tiller

/ upgrade BCS725/electric tiller #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
Thanks to the folks at EarthTools I got bigger/wider tires and quick hitch for my 725. Makes a big difference. Now have a tiller and a snowblower(so it won't snow for the next 5 years) looking at a sicklebar mower. The reason I got the 725 was the motor on my old front tined tiller died, the BCS was at a local auction the next week. I have an old air compressor motor from a home made rig, 1.5 horse, and I thought why not try an electric tiller. The motor weighs about 75 lbs, several of our smaller beds are near the greenhouse or house, so power supply is not much of a problem. It worked.I will need to put a slightly smaller pulley on the motor to slow it down a little, but it works great. pictures of all are attached, maybe.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    931.9 KB · Views: 496
   / upgrade BCS725/electric tiller #2  
Hey nice tractor! I upgraded my 725 with the Grillo fast hitch and larger tires (5x10's vs 4x8's) and am glad I did. Yours has electric start - nice option. Is that an 8 hp Kohler?

/ upgrade BCS725/electric tiller
Yes, it's the 8hp Kolher Magnum. Seems to have plenty of power, even at slow speeds.

/ upgrade BCS725/electric tiller #4  
I bet it does. Mine has a 9 hp Vanguard on it, but no electric start. I picked up mine at auction with a 30" tiller about 5 years ago. I have a snow blower for mine also which works very well!!! Other implements are a bio 100 chipper, sickle mower and Berta flail mower. I have other larger tractors here, but this thing is handy and probably gets more use than anything else.The electric tiller is pretty cool, bet it comes in handy too.