US Mail Delivery On Sunday,,, Something New?

/ US Mail Delivery On Sunday,,, Something New? #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
Today, Sunday,, I saw my mailbox get mail delivery!!

I ordered a Prime delivery laser cartridge from Amazon,,
$10.50,, including delivery.
they said it would be here today,, I thought "Yea,,, RIGHT!!"

Well, sure enough, the package came today!!

I am a rural customer,, Sunday delivery near me is CRAZY!!
(not enough demand for such delivery)

Is this gonna be regular, from now on??

/ US Mail Delivery On Sunday,,, Something New? #2  
USPS delivers Amazon Prime packages here on Sunday, but nothing else.

/ US Mail Delivery On Sunday,,, Something New? #3  
Yeah it's a deal they have with Amazon.

/ US Mail Delivery On Sunday,,, Something New? #5  
USPS delivers Amazon Prime packages here on Sunday, but nothing else.

It is just Amazon, but not just Prime. In fact, we got a delivery here today from Amazon and we don't have Prime.

/ US Mail Delivery On Sunday,,, Something New? #6  
More and more Sunday deliveries here including seeing US Post Office trucks making single address deliveries.

The flip side is there are weekdays with no residential US Mail neighborhood deliveries.

I asked if mom's street was missed and learned the local Post Office is so short staffed that there are times the ma does not go out because there is no one available to walk the route...

I live on a motor route with mailboxes along the road and always have mail but nearby walking routes will have 1 or 2 days each month with no delivery...

Growing up the mail at moms was always there 9:30-10 in the morning... some days it is delivered by flashlight 9:30-10 at night...

/ US Mail Delivery On Sunday,,, Something New? #7  
I have a friend that works at the Post Office and he says DeJoy is the worst administrator in the 15 years he's worked there. Kinda figures...

/ US Mail Delivery On Sunday,,, Something New? #8  
I don't really care what day it's delivered. I'm just thankful that they all will notify me of delivery by email. My driveway is a mile long. I don't like making dry runs.

/ US Mail Delivery On Sunday,,, Something New? #9  
USPS only delivers to me M/W/F. And only letters. No parcels. Any parcel I get USPS the local post office take 2 additional days for me to get. I have to wait for the tag in my box to get the parcel. I guess there are different procedures for different locales.

/ US Mail Delivery On Sunday,,, Something New? #10  
If you're rural delivery seems to vary with the carrier. I've had mail delivered at 6:30 in the evening. I've also noticed that although mail may not be delivered on Sunday packages may be. You can sign up for their "Informed Delivery" and get a better handle on what they're delivering and when but I don't think that feature works on weekends. They'll keep you guessing.