US Postal Service

/ US Postal Service #122  
The Postal Reorganization Act of 1971 allowed unions. The US Post Office became the US Postal Service.

/ US Postal Service #123  
I've been out here in rural Ea WA state for 38+ years. Never had a moments problem with the US Postal Service. I can not remember a single day when, for whatever reason, the mail was not delivered. Probably helps a whole lot that the rural mailmen/mailwomen have all lived in rural areas also. They have always driven 4WD vehicles and, obviously, know how to handle tough conditions.

Yes - there have been those times when delivery was later than normal. But this was during some of the worst blizzards ever experienced in this neck of the woods.

Large packages - they are sealed in a large garbage bag and stashed on the inside of my gate. It's a spot that can't be seen from the county road. Sometime I will know in advance - the exact day of the delivery. If it's a hot day - I go to the gate and have an ice cold Coke for the mailman.

It's little things like this that they remember. I know our current mailman very well. He lives further out the county road - six miles. He has come to visit several times. He & I will go out on my lake and spend the afternoon fishing for bass.

He also owns a tractor. It just happens to be green. But that's OK.

/ US Postal Service #124  
oosik,
We have had the same experience with our Mail delivery. In over 50 years, I can't remember a single instance that our Mail was not delivered. -60F, Blizzards, Earthquakes and Volcanic ash falls, the mail has been delivered. We depend on the USPS and would hate to see it trashed.

/ US Postal Service #125  
We've never had a problem with USPS either. There was a contracted delivery for one of the other carriers that said they had delivered a package, that hadn't been delivered. Funny, when i called the company, they told me it had been delivered and i offered to send them my driveway video that showed nobody had shown up. The package showed up the next day.

/ US Postal Service #126  
We've never had a problem with USPS either. There was a contracted delivery for one of the other carriers that said they had delivered a package, that hadn't been delivered. Funny, when i called the company, they told me it had been delivered and i offered to send them my driveway video that showed nobody had shown up. The package showed up the next day.

Not uncommon here to hear that its been delivered. Usually its Fedex or UPS thats been contracted to the post office to deliver. When they hit the post office notice is sent its been delivered. Next day the post man delivers it. Read your notices and you can see this.

/ US Postal Service #127  
Not uncommon here to hear that its been delivered. Usually its Fedex or UPS thats been contracted to the post office to deliver. When they hit the post office notice is sent its been delivered. Next day the post man delivers it. Read your notices and you can see this.

Yes, it was a contract for non-USPS carrier, Fedex or UPS, i don't recall. You can sign up for delivery info with USPS, i get an email that shows what's being delivered that day, and what is expecting to show up the next. If it says it was delivered, it's been delivered.