USA made bearings?

/ USA made bearings? #21  
Thank you for the correction sir, may I have another?
Candidly, I get tired of poor spelling, not only on Internet sites like this one, but on public billboards and print newspapers as well. One of my favorites is the mis spelling of the word 'Defense' in regards to the Ukraine conflict. For some reason, news outlets have changed the word 'defense' to 'defence' and run with it. I guess no one bothers to proof read anything today.

Timken is a registered trademark and butchering it on a public viewed forum, I find that less than acceptable.

In fact, I never even look at threads where the titles are butchered like 'Hydrolic' for instance or 'Kabota' for another.

Lately, this site has been chock full of poor spelling and poor grammar as well and that directly reflects on the poster in my view.

/ USA made bearings? #23  
Candidly, I get tired of poor spelling, not only on Internet sites like this one, but on public billboards and print newspapers as well. One of my favorites is the mis spelling of the word 'Defense' in regards to the Ukraine conflict. For some reason, news outlets have changed the word 'defense' to 'defence' and run with it. I guess no one bothers to proof read anything today.

Timken is a registered trademark and butchering it on a public viewed forum, I find that less than acceptable.

In fact, I never even look at threads where the titles are butchered like 'Hydrolic' for instance or 'Kabota' for another.

Lately, this site has been chock full of poor spelling and poor grammar as well and that directly reflects on the poster in my view.
The only thing worse is the lack of accuracy in many of your post, I'd choose a misspelled word here and there, any day over inaccurate info being posted!

SR

/ USA made bearings? #24  
The only thing worse is the lack of accuracy in many of your post, I'd choose a misspelled word here and there, any day over inaccurate info being posted!

SR
More 'words of wisdom' from the peanut gallery. Glad I have you on ignore so I can, at my discretion, either read your useless diatribes or not, at my total discretion.

/ USA made bearings? #25  
More 'words of wisdom' from the peanut gallery. Glad I have you on ignore so I can, at my discretion, either read your useless diatribes or not, at my total discretion.
I guess the truth really does hurt! lol

I really get a kick out of those folks that put someone on ignore, then read their post anyway! lol lol

SR

/ USA made bearings? #26  
Good luck. Just about everything on new machinery is “Peerless”
Made in China.

Lovin me the new progressive USA!
I bought some rail wheels for a sliding barn door. One of thems bearings didnt roll smooth when new so i replaced them. I thought West Germany, thats odd, Germany has been reunited for 34 years. Looking better, i read "Welt Germany" with which the Chinese apparently do not infringe any laws... 🤷‍♂️🙈

Edit: Oh crap, i would rather not get involved in the poor spelling/lack of accuracy debate held here, with my small addition 🙈🙈🤣

/ USA made bearings? #27  
Going to do some trailer maintenance on my Dad's tandem axle trailer. Wondering if USA made bearings still exist?
I've found that USA made is no guarantee of superior quality these days. There's a lot of junk produced in the USA, too.

Neither is "brand name." I've been caught too many times by buying a venerable "brand name" product, only to learn that the name had been acquired by someone else now producing junk and trading on the old name's reputation.

Oh, and I find it interesting that a Canadian is looking for information on USA made bearings. Doesn't anybody make good bearings in Canada?

/ USA made bearings? #28  
Beware of counterfeits. I have gotten counterfeit timkins from ebay before. Packing was all timkin, bearing had no marking.

/ USA made bearings? #29  
Beware of counterfeits. I have gotten counterfeit timkins from ebay before. Packing was all timkin, bearing had no marking.
That is BS. One, it's Timken (again), not Timkin and 2, ALL bearings are cataloged with a number for cross reference on them somewhere. Don't matter where they are made.

/ USA made bearings? #30  
Somewhat similar note.
Looking for a couple of axle seals for a Horse tiller, 1.500 x 1.000 x 0.375 double lip I would have preferred but would have taken anything. Called three local suppliers....nothing, minimum 10 day delivery if they even offered to get them in. One had the nerve to say they'd order it in but I'd be paying shipping. It's not even like it's an odd size seal.
Unfortunately I had to get them off Amazon so they're probably Chinese junk but they'll be here in less than a week. Least when they fail, they're easy to get at.