Used B7500 opinions/questions ?

/ Used B7500 opinions/questions ? #1  

thetooth

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota b7500 , Kubota Bx1850
my tractor search continues .

thanks for everyone's help so far . i am still searching for the right combination of what i can afford and what type of tractor will meet my needs .

so today i am going to look at a used B7500 with a FEL/mower . i believe it has 500 or so hours and is a trade in at a dealer .

does anybody have any experience with this model?

what would be a fair dealer price ?

anything in particular about this series that was fixed in the more recent series B's ?

thanks for all your help

/ Used B7500 opinions/questions ? #2  
I just bought one about a month ago. 60" MMM and FEL, R4 tires, 600 hrs. Was asking 10,500. Got it for 9,500.

/ Used B7500 opinions/questions ?
I just bought one about a month ago. 60" MMM and FEL, R4 tires, 600 hrs. Was asking 10,500. Got it for 9,500.

good buy . how do you like it ?

i went to check this one out this afternoon . the bucket is a little beat up , the mower deck is clean , and the tractor looks pretty good .

there is a hydraulic oil leak of some kind by the hub of the right front tire so the dealer is going to have the boys in the shop check it out .

have not had a chance to operate it yet as he wanted to fix the leak first .

thanks

/ Used B7500 opinions/questions ? #4  
So far I like it. Still learning it's limits. I have popped a couple of stumps out, mowed some. Biggest thing has been clearing a 6" thick mat of leaves off about 1/2 acre of my yard so grass will grow again. I am in the process of installing a grapple and will need to get the tires filled at some point. Then I have a huge brush pile that needs to move or go away.

It is fuel efficient and comfortable to operate. Biggest pain for me has been keeping the grill and radiator screen clear.

I would not get one with turf tires unless you are planning on operating only on flat and dry surfaces. I find my R4's to not quite have as much bite as I would like, but they also don't tear the yard up. I am in and out of 4WD often and use the diff lock quite a bit too. But, my property is anything but flat and we have been getting quite a bit of rain.

So far I like it. Still learning it's limits. I have popped a couple of stumps out, mowed some. Biggest thing has been clearing a 6" thick mat of leaves off about 1/2 acre of my yard so grass will grow again. I am in the process of installing a grapple and will need to get the tires filled at some point. Then I have a huge brush pile that needs to move or go away.

It is fuel efficient and comfortable to operate. Biggest pain for me has been keeping the grill and radiator screen clear.

I would not get one with turf tires unless you are planning on operating only on flat and dry surfaces. I find my R4's to not quite have as much bite as I would like, but they also don't tear the yard up. I am in and out of 4WD often and use the diff lock quite a bit too. But, my property is anything but flat and we have been getting quite a bit of rain.

thanks alot for your input . sounds like the you and tractor are getting alot accomplished .

i am glad to hear about the fuel efficiency that is a factor with the price of diesel .
hopefully after the dealer fixes the leak and i will get a chance to operate the tractor and make my decision .

thanks

/ Used B7500 opinions/questions ? #6  
This may all seem random, but just kind of doing a brain dump.

It will run all day and then some on 5 gallons of fuel.

It isn't the most powerful machine in the world, but as long as you keep your expectations inline with the size of the machine, it is a work horse.

I wish the FEL could lift a bit more, but it will lift enough to pick the back tires up (unloaded), so I guess that is the real limiting factor. For all my real "work" it has done what I asked it to. I cleaned all the mud and muck out of the ditch in front of my house, which was 3-4 buckets of mud and silt and it did it without complaint. Just for giggles, I tried to pick the back of my trailer up and it wouldn't do it, but that is probably better than 1,000 lbs. It will pick up my Craftsman rider and Kawasaki 4 wheeler, so it's not helpless, just not a beast. I would put it's capacity at around 500-600 lbs. And, yes, I went around trying to pick random things up.

I haven't removed the mower or FEL yet, but from what I can tell, it's easy.

Another gripe is the lack of parking brake warning light. Just have to get in the habit of stabbing the brakes when you get on it.

Between 4wd, diff lock and FEL, you shouldn't get stuck unless you are somewhere you really shouldn't be.

It is super easy to drive, power steering is wonderful.

I have a problem with getting my shorts leg caught on the H-L-N lever when getting on and off. But, that could just be that I am clumsy.

The turn signals are weird, when you turn the left turn signal, it blinks and the right comes on steady. Vice versa for the right turn signal.

Unless you have small hands, you can't check the oil without removing the side panel.

Headlights are a joke. They use taillight bulbs. If you are planning on running it at night/dusk/morning, plan on having to add lights.

The hood is somewhat of a pain to close, or at least mine is. You can't just drop it, you have to hold it down and latch it. Not a big deal.

The MMM tends to be a bit of a pain to get the clippings off of. I find that the leaf blower works best. They collect in the center and are somewhat hard to get out.

This may all seem random, but just kind of doing a brain dump.

It will run all day and then some on 5 gallons of fuel.

It isn't the most powerful machine in the world, but as long as you keep your expectations inline with the size of the machine, it is a work horse.

I wish the FEL could lift a bit more, but it will lift enough to pick the back tires up (unloaded), so I guess that is the real limiting factor. For all my real "work" it has done what I asked it to. I cleaned all the mud and muck out of the ditch in front of my house, which was 3-4 buckets of mud and silt and it did it without complaint. Just for giggles, I tried to pick the back of my trailer up and it wouldn't do it, but that is probably better than 1,000 lbs. It will pick up my Craftsman rider and Kawasaki 4 wheeler, so it's not helpless, just not a beast. I would put it's capacity at around 500-600 lbs. And, yes, I went around trying to pick random things up.

I haven't removed the mower or FEL yet, but from what I can tell, it's easy.

Another gripe is the lack of parking brake warning light. Just have to get in the habit of stabbing the brakes when you get on it.

Between 4wd, diff lock and FEL, you shouldn't get stuck unless you are somewhere you really shouldn't be.

It is super easy to drive, power steering is wonderful.

I have a problem with getting my shorts leg caught on the H-L-N lever when getting on and off. But, that could just be that I am clumsy.

The turn signals are weird, when you turn the left turn signal, it blinks and the right comes on steady. Vice versa for the right turn signal.

Unless you have small hands, you can't check the oil without removing the side panel.

Headlights are a joke. They use taillight bulbs. If you are planning on running it at night/dusk/morning, plan on having to add lights.

The hood is somewhat of a pain to close, or at least mine is. You can't just drop it, you have to hold it down and latch it. Not a big deal.

The MMM tends to be a bit of a pain to get the clippings off of. I find that the leaf blower works best. They collect in the center and are somewhat hard to get out.

thanks you bring up some good points . i noticed the hood latch problem my self . also on checked out the FEL specs on the internet and the new BX tractors will lift a little more than this one , but on the other hand the 3 point hitch on the B7500 will lift quite a bit more than the BX's .

i do like the fact that size wise the B7500 seems like a good fit between the current BX and B models .

/ Used B7500 opinions/questions ? #8  
thetooth - Sorry, I have not seen your previous posts, so I don't know your requirements or what brands/models you have looked at.

I have a B7500 HSD-R with 1,196 hours that I bought new in 2003. I use it for mowing my lawn (2+ acres) and a horse pasture and meadow (8 acres), harrowing the pasture and two paddocks, moving manure with the FEL, spreading manure, moving trailers around, and removing snow from my driveway. All my mowing is currrently done with the MMM. The B7500 has done everything that I have asked of it. I have done all my own service. No repairs, except for operator error contact, required in almost seven years.

I started looking at the BX series originally. One thing I would strongly advise is to sit on and operate everything that you are seriously considering. The "fit" to my body is why I chose the B over the BX, as the B felt more natural to me.

Best wishes on your final decision! :)

thanks for the input Rusty

i have been checking out new BX's and B's and got a little caught up in the tractor whirlwind of 0% financing and all the shiny new tractors :confused2:.

so i am coming back down from my high and staying with in my budget luckily there have been quite a few nice used tractors show up locally . one is a 2009 BX2360 with 110 hours ( mower/fel ) the other is a B7500 with 500 hours ( mower/fel ) .

i am leaning more towards the B7500
1. price the B is cheaper
2. B will lift more at the 3 ph
3. B is being sold at a dealer who is closer

i have not had a chance to operate the B yet . the dealers mechanic have not gone over the tractor yet and there is a hydraulic leak by the front right tire . so hopefully next week i will be able to operate it .

thanks

/ Used B7500 opinions/questions ? #10  
I purchased a new B7500 hst w/302 fel in 2000, added a curtis cab and worked it up to 700 hours before trading up to a 3030 in 2005. The 7500 is an awesome tractor, kubota sold a lot of them and any dealer will tell you they seldom have catastrophic failures. They are great on fuel ,simple to service and easy to trailer around town!