Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers

/ Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers #1  

Dynasty

I am searching for a zero turn mower to mow 3 acres. While researching, I keep seeing the advice to "get a used commercial grade machine".

I will begin that search, but what are some make and models I should be looking at. I would like something with at least a 50" cutting deck. When it comes to operation hours, what is the ideal hour count? The lower the better, but for a unit that was used by a professional, what is the cut off that is considered too many hours?

Thank you.

/ Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers #2  
Commercial grade is what you are being told not commercially used. Commercial machines are built with heavier duty pumps and drive motors that outlast the transaxle put in most residential machines.
Decide on a budget, call a dealer and go from there. Exmark, Grasshopper, Scag, Toro, Kubota just to name a few are all good machines, that list is not the end all be all but you won't go wrong with commercial machines from those brands. Pretty much all of them will have a Kawasaki, Briggs or Kohler engine. I like the Kawasaki's moreso that others but your Grasshoppers will come with a kohler which mine to date hasn't given me any issues.

/ Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers #3  
I was always told to look at the deck.. it should be WELDED STEEL.. rather than a pressed out "stamped" deck.. THATS probably one of the main diff. between homeowner & commercial..
Another thing is.. if a commercial user is getting rid of their equipment, theres usually something wrong w/ it that's to costly to repair..?? otherwise WHY get rid of it..??
Good luck in your search..
I've always been told SCAG & Bad-BOY mowers were the best made..

/ Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers #4  
I would also recommend that if your budget will handle get a diesel. I had a kubota ZD1800 for 13 years and traded it on a more powerful ZD 1211 they gave me over 75 percent of the original price on my trade. The diesel does not bog down as easily in heavy grass , is more economical on fuel and will run forever

/ Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers #5  
I own a lawn care company. I run a John Deere z915e and a snapper pro s150. The snapper pro has the Kawasaki engine and John Deere has the kohler. I haven't had any problems with either mower. My JD has 715 hours and the snapper pro has 790 hours. Both are commercial grade. Just because a professional is getting rid of a mower doesn't mean anything is wrong with it. Most companies have to buy new equipment for tax reasons. I also have a Ferris f60z with a Kawasaki engine. I bought this mower because it has a 36 inch deck to get in backyards with narrow gates. It also has the mulch kit on it. I do not recommend a ferris. It does not cut good you have to go over ares two or three times sometimes. Before anyone says anything a ferris is supposed to be the same as a snapper pro, but I don't agree. My snapper pro will cut circles around my ferris. I would recommend snapper pro over all the lawn mowers I have ever owned. Good luck on your search

/ Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers #6  
I bought mine from a guy that used it commercially,he was going from 60 to a 72,it had been well taking care of a 2016 model with like 230hrs. Paid like $5000 less then same new,I have put around 20hrs on it ,I did have to replace the ignition switch and battery.
73721136-CA83-4CD1-8B8E-91A22AB69336.jpeg I added the Z-glides and few other things.

/ Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers #7  
Oops.. I forgot about the "tax" aspect..
..then yes, some commercial business' buy new equipment every so often & sell off the old..
{BUT AGAIN.. they decide to do this because "the fleet" is worn out.. Lol}
U might do good going to a dealer & looking thru their "PRE-owned" equipment.. & possibly get a warranty..??
At least in most cases {you would hope} all the fluids & filters would have been changed already.. & blades sharpened.{properly}

/ Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers #8  
Personaly i wont own another ride on home owner mower or buy a commercialy owned mower. Box store mowers are junk, so type the model numbers in tonsee where it was sold before ou even go look at one. Cub cadet, JD, toro, husqvarna and arins all have box store models.

Here are some more quality manufactures. Gravley, bobcat, badboy mower, walker, white, kubota...im sure thres more. Basicly what you need to do is pick what engine and deck size you want and go from there. Almost all the manufactures above all buy there hydraulics from one manufacture then add there stuff to make it a bobcat or walker and so on.

I paid $2300 for a 48in bobcat CRZ with 120hrs last fall. Cut my mowing time way down from a 48in ride on mower. The ability to mow at 5in tall is also very handy for parts of my land.

/ Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers #9  
I only ever buy used government equipment. The money isn't theirs and they don't care how much money they spend on maintaining and repairing equipment, even if they are going to sell it a month later. The private contractor beats their stuff to death and gets every last bit of use out of it, before it starts costing too much to repair. Then some sucker ends up with it, thinking they are getting a great "commercial" unit.

/ Used Commercial Zero Turn Mowers #10  
I looked at some used commercial machines prior to buying new, they were all pretty beat up.