used kubota L2800

/ used kubota L2800 #1  

little k

Tractor
L2800 & a 1970 4020 D
Our new to me used Kubota L2800 arrived late Fri afternoon. Never been around kubotas before. I'am impressed. tractor looks to be in real good shape for an 06 with a little over 1300 HRS. Everything seems to be tight. Loader & 3pth works smooth. Only problem it seems the high & low stick needs to be played with to get it to start sometimes. Is there a safety switch some where I can check?

/ used kubota L2800 #2  
I have a L2500 and it has the same safety switch. You must have the high / low placed in neutral to crank the engine. I know of no adjustments for the switch.

/ used kubota L2800
Thanks for the reply. What dose switch look like & could it be the switch under seat or is that not a switch? Is there a switch one the clutch? I don't have a op manual yet. thanks. Warren

/ used kubota L2800 #4  
I think the pto has a switch also, it won't start if it's engaged.

/ used kubota L2800 #5  
I have an L2500 as well and I have the same issue finding that sweet spot on the transfer case to get it into neutral to get it to start.

To remedy this it is actually really simple. When in neutral it presses a plunger which is the safety switch. All I do now is just keep it in gear depress the clutch and push in the safety switch with my hand while in the seat. It's actually really easy once you figure it out.

Set the parking brake and then visually move the transfer selector into the H-L and N pos. The N position depresses a small metal bar. Thats the linkage to the safety switch at least on the L2500 gear transmission anyways. This will give you quick idea of what to look for when from the seat.

My tractor is a '96 so I can't assure that the linkage or the safety switch has changed or is different but it is something worth looking at.

/ used kubota L2800 #6  
I have an L2500 as well and I have the same issue finding that sweet spot on the transfer case to get it into neutral to get it to start.

To remedy this it is actually really simple. When in neutral it presses a plunger which is the safety switch. All I do now is just keep it in gear depress the clutch and push in the safety switch with my hand while in the seat. It's actually really easy once you figure it out.

Set the parking brake and then visually move the transfer selector into the H-L and N pos. The N position depresses a small metal bar. Thats the linkage to the safety switch at least on the L2500 gear transmission anyways. This will give you quick idea of what to look for when from the seat.

My tractor is a '96 so I can't assure that the linkage or the safety switch has changed or is different but it is something worth looking at.

I have no info on the OP's problem, but want to say that is a very well done answer. One of the reasons this site is so valuable.

/ used kubota L2800
Thanks. I will mess with tractor when it warms up a little. Cloudy & rain no fun!!

/ used kubota L2800 #10  
Thanks. I will mess with tractor when it warms up a little. Cloudy & rain no fun!!

Oh ya, try 35k winds, and minus 20 Celsius, and 3 feet of snow.:mad:
Wanna trade, ;) lol