Used Kubota Question?

/ Used Kubota Question? #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
Hello everyone!

I have a chance to get a small Kubota tractor for next to nothing. There is a problem with the head gasket and extenal coolant leak. I have not seen the tractor but the guy who owns it fairly handy and does have some mechanical knowledge. I talked with him on the phone last night and he is going to send me some pictures of the tractor and the attachmnets that go along with it. I don't have a model number he will give the serial number with the pictures. Does anyone have any idea what model number it could be? It is 13 hp 2 cylinder engine and 4wd. I asked the guy if it was a grey market, he seems to think it was. How does one know if it is a grey market? I'll post the pictures once I get them along with the specifics.

Many thanks.

/ Used Kubota Question? #2  
Hello over there.
By the sounds so far it might be a B-Series..B6000 etc..B5100 models.

Tractortips.com might have some info,also try Grey Market Tractor or Kubota Grey Tractor

/ Used Kubota Question?
Hey Thomas!

Thought I might catch you this morning. Finished posting and got a refill of coffee /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif and Thomas has posted! Good to here from you. I was at tractortips.com but had no idea which model number to start with. Clicking through each model number was not really any fun. The guy told me he can fit this thing in the back of a full-sized pick-up. Also I forgot to mention he thinks it is early to mid 80's model year.

Thanks!

/ Used Kubota Question? #4  
I have a US model 78 B6000E which fits your description. The B5100 and B6100 are very similar. One thing to verify is the PTO direction - my B6000 PTO rotates counter clockwise, the B6100 runs in standard direction. Easiest way to tell this is the location of the exhaust: if it is on the right, it's a backwards spinner :)

Beyond these models there are several other Asian market B-series kubotas with various model numbers, but I will bet you are talking 6000 or 6100 (most popular here). I have seen entire engines for these units for sale, so you may have some luck finding parts needed. Like all older Kubotas the cooling system is thermo-syphon, with no water pump. That makes things simpler to repair. For price comparison, a 2WD B6000/6100 will get between $2500 - $3500 depending on condition and attachments. If four wheel drive add $1500 or so.

/ Used Kubota Question? #5  
Having trouble finding a machine with the specs:

-Early to mid 80's
-13.5 hp
-2 cylinder

The B5100 has 2 cylinders but was only 11hp.
The B6000 has 2 cylinders and around 14hp, but wasn't available at that time.
All the others that fit the description have 3 cylinders.

/ Used Kubota Question? #6  
Rowski:

The thought struck me that if <font color=blue>"the guy who owns it is fairly handy and does have some mechanical knowledge"</font color=blue> and he's getting rid of it, then maybe what's wrong with it is pretty extensive... Just a thought you should be wary...

/ Used Kubota Question? #7  
Steve.
There a gentleman who seeking info where to purchase a service manual..just wondering if you might have the manual,or where to purchase one.

All the dealers I contacted no longer has any B6000E S.M.

/ Used Kubota Question?
Where would I find the tag with the serial number? On the clutch houssing? Are the rotary cutters or finish mowers avaliable with ccw rotating ptos.

Thanks!

/ Used Kubota Question?
This is what the guy gave to me for info. I was thinking it was more in the mid to late 70's. He could also be of with the cylinders too. I'll try to get the serial number to verify things. The tractor is a good 2 hr drive away and I'm way to busy to go and look at it.

I guess I should waited untill I had the serial number before posting /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif.

/ Used Kubota Question? #10  
No worries Derek - I enjoy a good mystery. Do let us know what it is once you find out.

Paul