Used MX5100 - deal or no deal?

/ Used MX5100 - deal or no deal? #1  

Kyle241

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I have a lead on a 2011 MX5100 which is the model I have been planning to upgrade to since the Spring. It has only 134 hours on it and was used solely to pull a wagon/trailer at a garden centre. They are asking $18,500 CAD or about $19,000 USD however it does not have a loader. I've asked the dealer to add a loader, $4700 with QA, add a LP BB2572 $1200 and finally a the BH92 $10,000. The last one really hurts! I'm thinking he's a little high on the BB and BH, not sure about the loader with QA. This would be about $3500 less than if I ordered a new one.

I'm thinking it's a decent deal but it's a number of hours from me so I would have to arrange transport which would cost me some more. It's about 7-8hrs drive one way.

/ Used MX5100 - deal or no deal? #2  
Doesn't sound like an attractive deal. A used tractor with new major attachments may have as much markup as buying all of it new, but without the advantages of financing and warrantee. If you want to end up with a loader and backhoe, a low-hour used machine already set up that way would likely be the best deal.