Used SS attachments?

/ Used SS attachments? #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
I have a new Gehl 3640e with bucket and non swivel backhoe. I have hook over bucket forks and a RatchetRake and believe both will fit on my bucket but haven't tried them yet. Would like to get some other attachments but not at high prices. My SS is just for home landscaping and most of that has already been done. Don't need commercial quality attachments.
Experience, suggestions on used SS attachments.

Also, will mini ss attachments fit/work on a regular small SS 35hp 14.5 gpm 4000lb like my Gehl 3640e?
Pondering purchasing the front convert to 3ph plate and maybe buying a Boxblade for digging up yard and leveling. Anyone done that?

/ Used SS attachments? #2  
I have a Cat 246 and a Kubota 3700, I use the SS forks and buckets on the tractor all the time. Problem is that they are significantly heavier than tractor implements and reduces the loader capabilities. The up side is that they are typically much better built and can deal with anything a tractor can throw at them.i would not be worried about using SS attachments on a tractor at all. But not the other way around

/ Used SS attachments? #3  
Tomtint brings up a real good point, one I never thought of right off the bat but from my personal experience so far find to be right on. I saw a"bobcat manure fork attachment" on Craigslist once. I rushed a hundred miles to get it after the description of it said "Melose or Melror". It was a SS manure fork that was built like a tank. HEAVY backplate and likewise the round stock that was used as manure and straw handler like a pitch fork. He.. for stout and I still have. One of my best purchases ever.

/ Used SS attachments?
Thanks for replies.
I had a boxblade some years ago and "thought" I sold it to my nephew who lives down the street from me. I know he has most of his landscaping finished and figured he may sell it back to me for a decent price. I called him yesterday and asked if he still had the BB and would he sell it. He said he never bought it, that I had told him I knew where it was and just keep it till I came after it.:ashamed::confused2::confused3::cool2::cool2:
When I was coming home yesterday he was driving up the hill with my BB on the back of his little Kubota and dropped it off in my barn.:cool2: Now to get a ss to 3ph adapter and see if it will work for my home landscaping jobs.
I know the light weight, cheap, pretty attachments story from experience. I bought a rear finish mower for around $1100 several years ago. Welds were so good you couldn't even see them. It was a Jolle? or something like that and pretty like a car and red. It kept breaking on my hillside unworked new home site acreage. Contacted Steve Barlow my Kubota dealer and told him it was no good. He gave me my $1100 back toward a purchase of a 72" Landpride ($1700) rear finish mowing deck. The mower was built like a tank with very obvious welds and weighed about twice what the pretty red one weighed. The Landpride would swing my B7800 Kubota tractor around at the bottom of the hill. Later used it on a L3240 and it didn't have much impact on it since the L weighed twice what the B weighed. I often judge implements and attachments by weight and know if it's something going to get heavy work pay the difference and worth it in the long run with durability and less repairs.
Thanks again for reply.

/ Used SS attachments? #5  
-------------------------------------------------
Experience, suggestions on used SS attachments.

-------------------
Pondering purchasing the front convert to 3ph plate and maybe buying a Boxblade for digging up yard and leveling. Anyone done that?
I recommend an adapter with some extra rollback built in.

I can't post pictures now after the upgrade, or I would show you what I am using.

Here is the adapter and box blade in use: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...eries-f-pictures-post3822916.html#post3822916

Here is a link to the one I bought: Skid steer Bobcat 3 point implement hitch adapter, Heavy Duty

/ Used SS attachments?
I recommend an adapter with some extra rollback built in.

I can't post pictures now after the upgrade, or I would show you what I am using.

Here is the adapter and box blade in use: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...eries-f-pictures-post3822916.html#post3822916

Here is a link to the one I bought: Skid steer Bobcat 3 point implement hitch adapter, Heavy Duty

Thanks for info and for sure the pics! Now that's what I'm talkin about!!!!
Ordered my adapter plate yesterday.
Did you both push and pull (back drag) on job in pics? Did you turn teeth in BB ever or just keep them the same direction if you did both push and back drag?
I like your improvised land plane but I have a RatchetRake which will do my final finish.
I also want a tilt tach but best price I could find now is around $2600 plus a bit extra for home shipping. To much for me now but maybe a used one will pop up or maybe an extra $2000 will show up.:D

/ Used SS attachments? #7  
Thanks for info and for sure the pics! Now that's what I'm talkin about!!!!
Ordered my adapter plate yesterday.
Did you both push and pull (back drag) on job in pics? Did you turn teeth in BB ever or just keep them the same direction if you did both push and back drag?
I like your improvised land plane but I have a RatchetRake which will do my final finish.
I also want a tilt tach but best price I could find now is around $2600 plus a bit extra for home shipping. To much for me now but maybe a used one will pop up or maybe an extra $2000 will show up.:D
You're welcome. Looking forward to pictures of yours in use.

Well Hallelujah, I just received a Christmas present from TBN! I CAN NOW UPLOAD PICTURES AGAIN :D :thumbsup:

This is what I wanted to show yesterday:

P3310007m.jpg

Yes on push and pull. The ripper teeth are only used in reverse.

P4230002.JPG

P4230005.JPG

Dozer mode:

P7020021.JPG

P7030023.JPG

/ Used SS attachments? #8  
Well Hallelujah, I just received a Christmas present from TBN! I CAN NOW UPLOAD PICTURES AGAIN

Xfaxman: I like your adapter and have a question. Is the equipment hard for one person to hook up. With the LX885 skidsteer I'm using it seems like I could never line it up for the holes in the adapter to mate to my equipment. It would have to be perfectly inline to be able to slide the holes over the pins on the equipment and since there's no play in the skidsteer boom and no play on a heavy piece of equipment I was wondering how the best way to hook it up. Do you have a trick I'm missing.

/ Used SS attachments? #9  
Xfaxman: I like your adapter and have a question. Is the equipment hard for one person to hook up. With the LX885 skidsteer I'm using it seems like I could never line it up for the holes in the adapter to mate to my equipment. It would have to be perfectly inline to be able to slide the holes over the pins on the equipment and since there's no play in the skidsteer boom and no play on a heavy piece of equipment I was wondering how the best way to hook it up. Do you have a trick I'm missing.
Yep, it is stored on a dolly :thumbsup:

Still have to use a prybar. I just thought of a modification, put coil springs under the box blade where it touches the dolly. That way it would move easier with the prybar. :D

P6020024.JPG

P6020014.JPG

Another thing to try is pick up the adapter with a chain hanging from the SSQA drive close to the box blade, put the top link in first then the bottom pins.

You can also use a jack under the BB to align it with the adapter mounted on the SS.

Last edited:
   / Used SS attachments? #10  
Yep, it is stored on a dolly

Still have to use a prybar. I just thought of a modification, put coil springs under the box blade where it touches the dolly. That way it would move easier with the prybar.

If I'm close to my shop I could lift it with my hoist (I do this a lot to hook up to the tractor) but in the field that won't work. I could see using a box blade, maybe a landscape rake, and a straight blade on a set up like that. Thought about some of those quick hook up's instead of the holes but I know it wouldn't be as strong. Thanks and sorry JOHNTHOMAS for hijacking your thread.

JOHNTHOMAS I use my Ratchet Rake as you stated and have found it works better if I attach it to a heavy duty rock bucket. The Ratchet Rake is a well built and useful tool.