Used tractor prices on TractorHouse

/ Used tractor prices on TractorHouse #1  

Jeff59Va

Tractor
Kubota L3240HST, Kubota RTV1120D, Kubota BX2380
I'm in the market for a lightly used Kubota and looking at the Tractor House site and Machinery Trader sites. I know every dealer is different, but the question is: how close to a sales price are those list prices? I have cash, but need delivery, since I don't have a way to transport it.

So let's say I find a BX25D for $15900 and the dealer is 100 miles away. Is offering $15500 delivered on his schedule reasonable or is that a low-ball type offer?

Every situation is different, just curious about people's opinions or past experience.

/ Used tractor prices on TractorHouse #2  
I don't think you'l find a standard that can be applied. Tractorhouse will indicate what dealers are "asking" for a specific machine. It tells you nothing about the selling price. :)

Make your offer. Ya never know. Last year I bought a TLB. dealer asked $8,500. I offered $6,000. Bought it for $6,500.

/ Used tractor prices on TractorHouse #3  
Agree, its just sales and some maybe the price but most post higher so they can come down.

/ Used tractor prices on TractorHouse #4  
I don't think you'l find a standard that can be applied. Tractorhouse will indicate what dealers are "asking" for a specific machine. It tells you nothing about the selling price. :)

Make your offer. Ya never know. Last year I bought a TLB. dealer asked $8,500. I offered $6,000. Bought it for $6,500.

Yup, I am jealous..... that 555 you bought was a super good deal.

/ Used tractor prices on TractorHouse #5  
I'm in the market for a lightly used Kubota and looking at the Tractor House site and Machinery Trader sites. I know every dealer is different, but the question is: how close to a sales price are those list prices? I have cash, but need delivery, since I don't have a way to transport it.

So let's say I find a BX25D for $15900 and the dealer is 100 miles away. Is offering $15500 delivered on his schedule reasonable or is that a low-ball type offer?

Every situation is different, just curious about people's opinions or past experience.
Have you looked at Steve Barlow Farm Equipment | Kubota Dealer in Somerset, KY ?
They ship all over for a fair rate, especially if you can wait for a truckload, where they drop off tractors to several people.
Lot's of threads on here attesting to their good business. One TBN'er, John Thomas, lives close and seems to be buying a tractor from them every year.
Right now they are advertising a 2018 KUBOTA L2501DT W/ LOADER - 2 HOURS for $14.9K. I doubt delivery would be over $1K.

/ Used tractor prices on TractorHouse #6  
Agree, there is a reason we call them “dealers”. Call each and see what you can work out!

/ Used tractor prices on TractorHouse
Have you looked at Steve Barlow Farm Equipment | Kubota Dealer in Somerset, KY ?
They ship all over for a fair rate, especially if you can wait for a truckload, where they drop off tractors to several people.
Lot's of threads on here attesting to their good business. One TBN'er, John Thomas, lives close and seems to be buying a tractor from them every year.
Right now they are advertising a 2018 KUBOTA L2501DT W/ LOADER - 2 HOURS for $14.9K. I doubt delivery would be over $1K.

I have talked to him in the past for another purchase. He was only cheaper if I did not pay the use tax to Virginia. Paying that, he was more than my local dealer so I bought local.

But I need to look for used equipment now - even he can't get me a new BX TLB for $16000 :)

/ Used tractor prices on TractorHouse #8  
tractor house prices compared to my areas private sales are high. usually what I see listed on tractor house will bring 60-70% of that price locally.

/ Used tractor prices on TractorHouse #9  
Pricing is probably closer for newer models with progressively more variation as more age and/or wear comes into play.