Used Value vs Age

/ Used Value vs Age #11  
You should never let the irresponsibility of your neighbor keep you from doing what’s right. The United States is a leader, not a follower, and the best leader is one who leads by example.
Got it!
We should choke our US economy, so that we can virtue signal the remainder of the world!

Last edited:
   / Used Value vs Age #12  
You should never let the irresponsibility of your neighbor keep you from doing what’s right. The United States is a leader, not a follower, and the best leader is one who leads by example.
That statement you make allows the decision makers of other countries to run our domestic economy out of business! You can believe you are a “leader”, but it’s just fools gold if no other countries follow!
You will lead yourself into national bankruptcy.

/ Used Value vs Age #13  
Look this emissions stuff is in the long run, a good thing.

Everyone should be able to agree cleaner air is better.

In today’s world lower emissions almost always correlated to more efficiency as well. We all like saving money on diesel right?

I care less about the smell as I am waiting for delivery of my cabbed Massey 2850M, but you are lying if you say it was healthier for you to breathe what my 1975 JD 1120 spewed in my face everytime I ran it.

It’s also well understood what keeps these systems healthy now so ownership costs shouldn’t be too bad, either.

/ Used Value vs Age #14  
Look this emissions stuff is in the long run, a good thing.

Everyone should be able to agree cleaner air is better.

In today’s world lower emissions almost always correlated to more efficiency as well. We all like saving money on diesel right?

I care less about the smell as I am waiting for delivery of my cabbed Massey 2850M, but you are lying if you say it was healthier for you to breathe what my 1975 JD 1120 spewed in my face everytime I ran it.

It’s also well understood what keeps these systems healthy now so ownership costs shouldn’t be too bad, either.
Ummmm, no.
Emissions equipment like a DPF actually causes MORE diesel fuel to be consumed, so the efficiency is lower.
Yes clean air is great, but why pick on the little guy? Why make us pay $5,000 extra on a tractor or truck for crap emissions equipment that shortens the life of the vehicle, when there are bigger polluters out there.

/ Used Value vs Age #15  
Ummmm, no.
Emissions equipment like a DPF actually causes MORE diesel fuel to be consumed, so the efficiency is lower.
Yes clean air is great, but why pick on the little guy? Why make us pay $5,000 extra on a tractor or truck for crap emissions equipment that shortens the life of the vehicle, when there are bigger polluters out there.

How much less efficient? Got some numbers/data specific to tractors?

/ Used Value vs Age #16  
How much less efficient? Got some numbers/data specific to tractors?
I don't have numbers for tractors but my dad's SUV goes straight from 40 MPG to 26 MPG during a regen. And I bet it would easily do 43/44 MPG without all the emissions on it.

On tractors, the fact you need to run the engine at least above 2000 RPM to keep the DPF or DOC happy, says a lot about how efficient these emission systems are. Basically forcing you to operate at wide open when something like 1200 to 1500 RPM would be plenty using like 1/4 of the fuel.

Last edited:
   / Used Value vs Age #18  
I don't have numbers for tractors but my dad's SUV goes straight from 40 MPG to 26 MPG during a regen. And I bet it would easily do 43/44 MPG without all the emissions on it.

On tractors, the fact you need to run the engine at least above 2000 RPM to keep the DPF or DOC happy, says a lot about how efficient these emission systems are. Basically forcing you to operate at wide open when something like 1200 to 1500 RPM would be plenty using like 1/4 of the fuel.
I rarely run my 1989 Ford 1920 at more than 1200 to 1500 RPM.

/ Used Value vs Age #19  
I rarely run my 1989 Ford 1920 at more than 1200 to 1500 RPM.
I run my pre-emissions Kubota in that same RPM range.

As far as regens go, I fail to understand how storing the soot so that it can all be blown out at once during a regen makes any difference to total pollution.

/ Used Value vs Age #20  
I run my pre-emissions Kubota in that same RPM range.

As far as regens go, I fail to understand how storing the soot so that it can all be blown out at once during a regen makes any difference to total pollution.

It doesn’t store the soot.

It catches the soot and waits for EGTs to get high enough to convert it into less harmful gases .