Used Value vs Age

/ Used Value vs Age #301  
So, how can any human grow up in this country, go to school, presumably graduate and say the above? How?

It is mind boggling.

MoKelly
True story. I was visiting a friend. Another guest stopped by. We got to talking. She asked me what I did for a living. I said I was a farmer and a carpenter
She said “what an interesting blend of careers….you farm and you install carpet”.
She thought a carpenter installed carpet. Lol

/ Used Value vs Age #302  
So, how can any human grow up in this country, go to school, presumably graduate and say the above? How?

It is mind boggling.

MoKelly
Now you have got me there. There is no explanation for a lot of the ignorant statements I have heard in the last 10 years. But I can maybe beat that. When President ***** was running for office, I heard a talk show host answer a call - it went like this - caller - Mr. ***** is going to pay our rent for us. Host - How do you think that is possible?? Caller - Well, that is what I heard. Host - If elected, where would he be able to get that kind of money, it is a lot. caller Well, he would just get it out of his desk drawer, I suppose.

The concept of statements like these escape me. There is no reason to help. I taught school for 38 years. When giving advice, I always told others in education "don't ever argue with a child. They are a child and do not have to be right, and can make it up as they go. On the other hand, you are an adult - act like an adult and help educate. You must be accountable for what you say - that is part of being an adult. No longer the case. I also HATE the statement "I take responsibility for that." What the hell does that mean - where is recourse for loss?

/ Used Value vs Age #303  
I think it is more appropriate today to follow the "inverse golden rule," which is "treat others the same way they treat you."
So with today's values it is perfectly acceptable to modify the teachings of Christ to fit your behavior?

/ Used Value vs Age #304  
So with today's values it is perfectly acceptable to modify the teachings of Christ to fit your behavior?
I’m a lot more worried about the teachings of Christ being taught at all anymore.

/ Used Value vs Age #305  
Cougsfan said:
Steppenwolfe said:
"Sure is... take the evangelicals for the last few years as proof of that."

I think I'll give that one a pass.
rScotty

/ Used Value vs Age #306  
WHAT! HOW could that be??? I thought food was made at the grocery store where you buy it???

I read an article about hunting. A lady was complaining about hunters shooting and eating animals. She said "That is terrible. Why don't they just buy meat at the grocery store where it is made!
"I read an article about hunting. A lady was complaining about hunters shooting and eating animals. She said "That is terrible. Why don't they just buy meat at the grocery store where it is made!"

It's people like her that is proving the movie 'idiocracy' to not be science fiction anymore (smh)

/ Used Value vs Age #307  

That was a comment about it being useless to try to set an example today. Not only will others not follow it, they will take advantage of you for having done it.

/ Used Value vs Age #308  
That was a comment about it being useless to try to set an example today. Not only will others not follow it, they will take advantage of you for having done it.
We gotta keep trying though. Once the good people in this country quit believing in themselves and that with good work ethic, this country is still a great nation, we are sunk.
I admit, we are close to disaster, but I think there’s enough good people left. I see some here on this website.
We are in dire need of moral, effective, intelligent leadership

Last edited:
   / Used Value vs Age #309  
We gotta keep trying though. Once the good people in this country quit believing in themselves and that with good work ethic, this country is still a great nation, we are sunk.
I admit, we are close to disaster, but I think there’s enough good people left. I see some here on this website.
1634174564893.jpeg