Using a Grooming Mower with Quick Hitch

/ Using a Grooming Mower with Quick Hitch #1  

THCjr

Tractor
jd 955
I have a Frontier GM2060 attached to my 1996 JD 955. Due to having multiple implements I purchased a Titan Quick Hitch. I had to purchase the JD/Frontier Quick Hitch adaptor for the GM2060. On level ground I lower the mower so there is clearance between the mower driveshaft and the Quick Hitch, it works fine. When I am mowing on a hill where the ground has humps and hollows, I have to keep moving my rocker lever to maintain the clearance between the driveshaft and Quick Hitch. If I am not paying close attention the Driveshaft and Quick Hitch rub against each other and I need to adjust before any damage is done. Any ideas on how to fix this problem. I am about ready to remove the Quick Hitch whenever I need to use the Grooming Mower. This is the attachment that I use most often so this will be a pain.

/ Using a Grooming Mower with Quick Hitch #2  
The only real option for you is to invest in adjustable lower links if
and only if they are available for your current machine OR simply
remove the quick hitch when you need to mow.

/ Using a Grooming Mower with Quick Hitch #3  
I'm confused how your lift goes low enough for the PTO shaft to make contact with the top cross brace on the QH. I can lift my bush hog all the way up and still have a foot or more of clearance.

/ Using a Grooming Mower with Quick Hitch
I'm confused how your lift goes low enough for the PTO shaft to make contact with the top cross brace on the QH. I can lift my bush hog all the way up and still have a foot or more of clearance.
My QH works perfectly fine with my Frontier brush hog. I only have the problem with the grooming mower.

My QH works perfectly fine with my Frontier brush hog. I only have the problem with the grooming mower.
I believe that I will go out and put them side by side to see if I can come up with a solution. The grooming mower has 4 wheels, one at each corner for the mower to follow the contours of the ground.

/ Using a Grooming Mower with Quick Hitch #6  
From what little I can assume from your description, you are trying ti mow a steep bank, road ditch or the like ?? ??

With my old JD855 I could do that with the 60" MMM, but not with any kind of 3pt attachment.. Just too steep an angle involved..

You may be able to find a MMM deck for your older JD955.. The problem will likely be finding the correct mounting hardware and drive line.. Good Luck..

/ Using a Grooming Mower with Quick Hitch #7  
Is this what your setup looks like?

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.16.16 PM.png

/ Using a Grooming Mower with Quick Hitch #8  
Probably close to what he has. That clearance is pretty close sitting flat.

Yes on flat ground that is what it looks like. If you can picture in your mind that if I was mowing on a slope of say 10 percent and the slope then leveled off to 0 percent there would be less space between the driveshaft and cross bar of the quick hitch. While I am on the slope of 10 percent there is no problem. The problem comes when I have to make the transition.

First pic shows tractor on fairly level ground and mower on a slope. Note position of lower mower arms to QH pins and distance between drive shaft and QH cross bar. Second pic shows tractor on fairly level ground and mower on slope after adjusting rocker lever to make sure driveshaft and QH cross bar do not make contact with each other. Not the position of the lower mower arms to the QH pins.

Attachments

• IMG_3525.JPG
    IMG_3525.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3526.JPG
    IMG_3526.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 104