Using a terramite as a forklift?

/ Using a terramite as a forklift?
Idk if the original poster ever got this figured out,

No, we have just been using our backhoe with a spike on it and that old NH skid steer. The backhoe started puking oil out of the controller today so... I'm back to looking for a terramite. All the in but here was very helpful it is good to know people do actually move round bales with them.

The hay guy who delivers them said they are on average 800#.

/ Using a terramite as a forklift? #12  
They must be the 4x5 size:

round-bale weight.jpg

/ Using a terramite as a forklift? #13  
Having recently used my T6 to unload a truck of rebar, Terramite does work well as a forklift, IF it is a 4wd so that you still have traction. But beware of stability because the weight is over the front axle that rotates, not like a fork truck/skid-steer where the front axle is fixed. If I was going to move anything on forks on a regular basis I would go ahead and ballast the rear tires to prevent a roll over. The other good feature on the T6 is the wider front tires which don't sink as quickly into the mud, but for sure you aren't picking up 800# on the front tires in mud, you will sink to the axle! I have been throwing down a piece of plywood to make the initial lift, and then as long as I keep moving I don't sink in.