Using a tree for a spare tire.

/ Using a tree for a spare tire. #2  
I have seen that done a few times over the years. There was a report of someone in southern California that got a ticket for towing a car with a wooden beam for a front tire. There are a couple of videos out now with tree limbs being used on a trailer.

Seems like I can recall a motorcycle sidecar with a limb for a wheel. Might have been something in a movie, thinking World's Fastest Indian, but not sure.

The one posted by the OP was new to me, but there was one on Shocking Vidoes taken by the highway patrol a few months ago that was very similar to this one. Same wheel, same tongue overlap, no rain and driving on the shoulder instead of the right lane. Enough to make me think staged copycat video.

/ Using a tree for a spare tire. #3  
My dumb luck thing would catch fire and burn the whole rig up:laughing::confused2:

/ Using a tree for a spare tire. #4  
ive seen it done a few times off road... especially if they broke something big like an axle or housing etc. but it was just to get them off the trail and back the the trailer/parking lot to affect real repairs....

dont think i would ever consider hauling arse down the highway on the setup

/ Using a tree for a spare tire. #6  
McGyver impostor? :laughing:

/ Using a tree for a spare tire. #8  
I just don't see the problem here. :p

i dunno, it sits level, tracks straight... i've seen worse looking trailers going down the road on steel and rubber.

/ Using a tree for a spare tire. #9  
It will probably work better/last longer than the space-saver tire I thought I'd get away with using....found it along the road and it happened to have the correct diameter/lug spacing for my trailer.

Not one of my smarter ideas...