Using LED lights

/ Using LED lights #1  

greasemonkeyok

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD cut
Don't know the best place to post this, but it is something to think about.

Do LEDs cause blindness? | EDN

According to a study led by Dr. Celia Sanchez-Ramos, of Complutense University in Madrid, light from LEDs comes from the short wave, high-energy blue and violet end of the visible light spectrum. She indicated that prolonged and continuous exposure to LED light might be sufficient to damage the retina. In a recent interview, she indicated that the problem would worsen as people live longer and children use electronic devices at a young age, particularly for schoolwork.

/ Using LED lights #2  
This is such BS. LEDs produce far less harmfull emissions than any other light source natural or otherwise. Just a group looking for grant money as far as I can tell.

/ Using LED lights
This is such BS. LEDs produce far less harmfull emissions than any other light source natural or otherwise. Just a group looking for grant money as far as I can tell.

Well, I'm not a scientist, but I do know that the UV end of the light spectrum can be harmful.

Do you have any credentials to bring to the subject, or is that just a raw opinion on your part?

/ Using LED lights #4  
Yeah, I've been using LED fixtures longer than most people have even known it was possible.

We just had a discission somewhere in here about how little UV LEDs produce which is why insects are not nearly as interested in them as they are to incandescent or florescent (or HID).

My company: www.spectaclelighting.com

/ Using LED lights
Yeah, I've been using LED fixtures longer than most people have even known it was possible.

We just had a discission somewhere in here about how little UV LEDs produce which is why insects are not nearly as interested in them as they are to incandescent or florescent (or HID).

My company: Welcome to Spectacle Lighting Design

Well, you apparently have a whole lot more experience using them than I do.

They certainly have a big advantage when it comes to current and longevity. But us old guys find it harder to read by the narrow end of the spectrum.

/ Using LED lights #6  
People are complaining about Xenon or HID lights. They are bright on secondary roads at night I get a lot of high beams and when I flick high beams back they understand I am driving on low beam already.

This article discusses xenon and HID lights on automobiles.USATODAY.com - Bright lights, big controversy

/ Using LED lights #7  
To funny,I better take them off my Tractor and Kubota RTV 900.LOL.

/ Using LED lights #8  
Grease Monkey-- good rule of thumb, when your eyes start to hurt look away from the light source. The commercially available LED light bars are fine for use without fear of blinding yourself or anyone else.

/ Using LED lights #9  
OMG!:shocked:I just bought an LED TV. Now I'll go blind watching Wheel of Fortune.;):laughing:

/ Using LED lights #10  
I don't know why but the LED taillights on most cars hurt my eyes along with the really bright emergency LED lights. I don't think I am going blind but I can tell a difference with some of the LED lights.