Using the 3-pt. hitch with a ball hitch

/ Using the 3-pt. hitch with a ball hitch #1  

familyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
I have several trailers that often need to be moved around on my property. I've gotten tired of using my pickup truck for this purpose, so I bolted this stabilizer/receiver to a drawbar so I can use the tractor instead: Ballard Fabrication

Please note that this assembly is "Tucker approved". 100_2245.jpg100_2246.jpg100_2247.jpg

/ Using the 3-pt. hitch with a ball hitch #2  
Heres mine.

Boone

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    614.2 KB · Views: 480
   / Using the 3-pt. hitch with a ball hitch #3  
I just use the lower attachment point on my quick hitch. Does anyone do this?

/ Using the 3-pt. hitch with a ball hitch #5  
I moved my car hauler, cargo trailer and travel trailer that way, no problems as of yet. I can also lock the trailer on with the lock catch ofthe quick hitch, but it scratched one of my couplers so I don't anymore. To be noted I have mostly level property.

/ Using the 3-pt. hitch with a ball hitch #6  
I made one like yours family man. Just got some steel and bolted it together. Just wish it would not rise up if I step on the back of the trailer.

/ Using the 3-pt. hitch with a ball hitch
I made one like yours family man. Just got some steel and bolted it together. Just wish it would not rise up if I step on the back of the trailer.

I hear you there; still more convenient and handier than driving a pickup around the property.

/ Using the 3-pt. hitch with a ball hitch #8  
They do come in handy. I found that I can turn my smaller 4x8 trailer into sort of a dump trailer by lifting the 3-pt all the way up. Great for dumping logs.

/ Using the 3-pt. hitch with a ball hitch #10  
I also just use the lower hooks (either side) on my iMatch to haul around my trailer, log splitter, rented stump grinder, etc... It lowers enough to pick up nicely and fits right into the cup. For short moves I can lift the towed unit off the stand/leg, move it, and set it back down on the stand without getting off the tractor.