Front-End Loader Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT?

/ Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT? #1  

moored4

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota l245dt, l3540, 8N
If you were doing FEL work what implement would you want to be on the 3PT other than a ballast box?

I have a L3540 with a Kubota B-box I am playing with an ideal. :confused: I am wondering after you get thru using your FEL what implement do you wish you had on or do you put on to finish the job that you started with the FEL?:confused3:

/ Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT? #2  
Boxblade. Stays on my 3 pt when not needing something else on there. Many, many, things you can do with a boxblade, especially if you have a hydrauilc toplink. Also I have a hitch ball on the rear of my boxblade so I can grab one of my small trailers real quick and never leave my seat.

/ Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT? #3  
A Jake Rake. :D You can have as many weights as you want on it so it is great for ballast and it will leave a nice finished result if you were to use it after the FEL.

/ Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT? #4  
I always keep my box blade on there. Heavy enough to provide some ballast. Short enough not to be a nuisance hanging off the back. Lots of uses for it.

/ Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT? #5  
I always keep my box blade on there. Heavy enough to provide some ballast. Short enough not to be a nuisance hanging off the back. Lots of uses for it.

I like having the BB on it too, and have added some weight to it just for that reason. Also will use the bush hog some, it's a bit heavier than the BB is.

/ Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT? #6  
I prefer a backhoe on mine, like in my avatar, but a box blade will do.

/ Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT? #7  
My BB is the heaviest 3PT attachment I have, unless I load up my carryall box with something heavy. My BB is 534lbs and its not enough weight to stabilize my L4400 to my satisfaction. I have loaded rear tires as well, but the rear end gets real light with FEL work. I haven't found anything readily available to add weight to the BB yet. I would like at least 800lbs back there.

/ Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT? #8  
I agree. When I use my grapple, the box blade is perfect for the rear, and complements the function of the grapple. The worst is my rotary cutter, as it really gets in the way and is prone to damage while backing up.

/ Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT? #9  
Either the BH or BB. Depending what needs to be done, and if it's a dig and smooth in that order as well.

/ Using the FEL what implement would be on the 3PT? #10  
Box blade for me.