USPS? getting delivery ever other day?

/ USPS? getting delivery ever other day? #41  
Over the past couple of years our delivery has gone from daily to every couple of days occasionally, to not getting mail for 10 days one time last summer. Our local post office is the pits and the Postmaster just doesn't seem to care.

We used to have our mail held when we travelled, but the office "lost" all of the saved mail twice. After being on hold for over an hour and when the call was answered the very rude clerk said no mail was there my wife drove the 15 miles to the PO and refused to leave the service window until it was found. They initially claimed that the only mail we got over a three week period was 3 letters and that is what they delivered.

It is at the point for me that I wish they would close the postal service and just privatize it. After all the Amazon delivery guy shows up two or three times a day, so I'm sure they could do a better job.

/ USPS? getting delivery ever other day? #42  
No complaints on the USPS here, but I feel for those poor mail carriers. They do work some long hours.

/ USPS? getting delivery ever other day? #43  
this will be our 3rd day without mail. have to pickup at the post office. no driver available...

/ USPS? getting delivery ever other day? #44  
When I first bought my land, I had issues with the lady delivering my mail. I know that she was throwing some of it away instead of delivering it. I complained to her supervisor, but that didn't solve the problem. Eventually it got better, and then she retired and the new lady was night and day better. In the last couple of years, I've been getting delivery 7 days a week. Seems like Sunday is the big day for them to deliver Amazon packages!!!

/ USPS? getting delivery ever other day? #45  
The local post office has recovered some. In December, we were down to two deliveries a week, and those often happened at 9 or 10 PM. For the last couple of weeks we have had mail deliveries every day, sometimes even in the afternoon. The rest of the deliveries arrive by 7 PM. Outgoing mail obviously does not make it onto the mail truck when the carrier runs that late, so if it absolutely has to get there in the same week, drive into town and mail it early in the day.

/ USPS? getting delivery ever other day? #46  
When I first bought my land, I had issues with the lady delivering my mail. I know that she was throwing some of it away instead of delivering it. I complained to her supervisor, but that didn't solve the problem. Eventually it got better, and then she retired and the new lady was night and day better. In the last couple of years, I've been getting delivery 7 days a week. Seems like Sunday is the big day for them to deliver Amazon packages!!!
I believe the only thing they deliver is Amazon on Sunday. They have a special contract with Amazon to do the last mile. That contract is going by the wayside as Amazon builds out their own delivery fleet of subcontractors.

/ USPS? getting delivery ever other day? #47  
It seems to vary as to which part of the country you live in. In Pennsylvania, where I grew up, each place out in the country had its own mailbox sitting out front to which mail was delivered. Out here in Nevada the Post Office utilizes communal mailboxes that serve a whole area, people have to drive to the mailboxes and pick up their mail. The Post Office will not deliver to individual mailboxes.
I suppose that makes sense in an area as sparsely populated as where you live. PITA if you have a package that doesn't fit in the box, certified mail, postage due, etc. but part of the price you pay for living that far out. Probably not many places deliver pizza there either.

/ USPS? getting delivery ever other day?
I believe the only thing they deliver is Amazon on Sunday. They have a special contract with Amazon to do the last mile. That contract is going by the wayside as Amazon builds out their own delivery fleet of subcontractors.
This is true for here. More Amazon trucks and less USPS. Im not sure if they are still getting the ''Fed Ex" stuff or not but many time mine is shipped and has arrived.(at the post office) and then has to be delivered from there to my house by USPS. Sometimes this adds a three day delay.A few times my sister had an order and it was said scanned as delivery. But that was to the PO. And thendays later she would receive it. But as far as wal mart was concerned it was 'delivered'. And a few times she got a refund or second item .

/ USPS? getting delivery ever other day? #49  
It is at the point for me that I wish they would close the postal service and just privatize it. After all the Amazon delivery guy shows up two or three times a day, so I'm sure they could do a better job.
Oh GOD no! I'm certainly someone that uses Amazon a lot, but I'd NEVER want them to replace the post office. The delivery drivers are well below the quality/integrity of the typical postal delivery person. I'm rural and the house is not within view of the mailbox. Right now we have about a foot of snow. I just had the postal person drop off a package to my front porch. The last 3 Amazon deliveries have been just shoving the box into the snow underneath the mailbox at the road. If it wasn't for Amazon telling me that my package had been delivered ("left at front door"), I would never have found the package until at least 10 hours later.

/ USPS? getting delivery ever other day? #50  
Over the past couple of years our delivery has gone from daily to every couple of days occasionally, to not getting mail for 10 days one time last summer. Our local post office is the pits and the Postmaster just doesn't seem to care.

We used to have our mail held when we travelled, but the office "lost" all of the saved mail twice. After being on hold for over an hour and when the call was answered the very rude clerk said no mail was there my wife drove the 15 miles to the PO and refused to leave the service window until it was found. They initially claimed that the only mail we got over a three week period was 3 letters and that is what they delivered.

Sucks to have a post office where they don't care/have an attitude, had a spell back in the 80s with something similar where I lived at the time. Are USPS employees still considered government (ie-civil service) workers who are almost impossible to fire once they attain tenure?
Thing is, at least in theory the USPS must deliver to all addresses by law, where a private delivery firm can cherry pick profitable routes, and that is one of the albatrosses around their neck. I have never seen an Amazon delivery vehicle, their deliveries here are all via UPS or USPS. Not sure where the nearest Amazon warehouse is, but the nearest return address on any Amazon package I've received has been from Stoughton, Mass.