Utility trailers, any bad ones?

/ Utility trailers, any bad ones?
My buddy Adam is over to drink beer and lay down weld! Drinking beer and welding... Does life get any better than this?

19 5,000 lb rated D-Rings are being placed around the top frame. That should be good enough. 20190303_115407.jpeg20190303_130143.jpeg20190303_130203.jpeg20190303_132142.jpeg

/ Utility trailers, any bad ones? #22  
You sure that's plenty enough Rock?:)

/ Utility trailers, any bad ones? #23  
Next time save yourself some clean up by spraying WD-40 to control the spatter.
I buy it in gallon cans and put in spray bottles to use for everything.

All done. Let the paint dry a few days and kick it outside to live it's life.20190303_161521.jpeg20190303_161538.jpeg20190303_184113.jpeg20190303_184120.jpeg20190303_184142.jpeg

Hey guys, the rear corner stabilizer/load jacks that I placed.... My buddy says that they are not for loading and that they are too stabilize a camper trailer only. He suspects that they are going to fold up as soon as I go to use them.

Is there a similar design but much more HD version of this, or do I need to use old faithful.... The weld on pipe stub mounted, screw jacks that I use on my big flatbed?20190303_161538.jpeg20190302_193336.jpeg

/ Utility trailers, any bad ones? #26  
I agree with your friend, I remember looking at that style jack and it was obvious it wasn't going to last long.

They make high capacity weld-on drop leg jacks that have a pin to set the height, which may be more efficient than a crank. For example:

Bulldog Square, 18" Tall Drop-Leg Kit with Pin - 8,��� lbs Bulldog Accessories and Parts BD5��27�

You just need to make sure you can retract them after the load is on the trailer, which isn't too hard if you have a rolling payload that you can move fore/aft to adjust balance and take the load off the jacks.

I use stacked 6x6 timber blocks to support the rear of my trailer when loading my tractor, and they have just enough gap to slide out afterwards. I don't recommend blocks unless you absolutely need more robust support (to handle side loads, etc) than a drop leg can provide. I just happen to have stacks of the blocks around for rigging equipment, etc, so it was a natural solution. Someday I'll weld on pair of drop leg jacks.

I emailed the place that I purchased the trailer and these legs. The legs are rated at 1,000 and each. I'm doubtful that they will last long.

I'll end up cutting them off and putting on the welded tube style that I use on my big trailer. I really wanted these to work since there are much faster to deploy and retract, but it is what it is.

/ Utility trailers, any bad ones? #28  
Looks like a nice trailer.

I bought a 16' PJ landscape utility trailer a few years ago and love it. Came real close to pulling the trigger on a few others before I discovered this one; looking back I feel like I dodged a bullet. It has a lot of nice, well-thought out features that the others I looked at didn't have.

K10Y09o.jpg

XUjBVEv.jpg

ZIGVa37.jpg

bzfmSME.jpg

/ Utility trailers, any bad ones? #29  
I bought this Rice about 5 years ago..The powder coat is holding up kinda OK but the next one will be automotive paint. Has all the features I was looking for and has served me well.DSC_0174[1].jpgDSC_0173[1].jpgDSC_0172[1].jpg

/ Utility trailers, any bad ones? #30  
I guess I'm missing something here. Why is Powder Coat a bad thing on a trailer?