UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #61  
I hear you on the come back in 2023. Went to a dealership to see if I could put my eyes on one this weekend and the four in the showroom had SOLD stickers on them. I was able to see a Kawasaki Mule 4010. Apparently the entire US has been stimulated to get outdoors......
This past spring I was at our can-am dealership for parts and found that even the 6x6's were sold out. I would guess that this spring sales will have moderated. :oops: We are still knee deep in snow here.

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #62  
My dealer had 6 Kubota RTV 1100c cab models 2nd week in Feb.I purchased one then.Dealer stated the other 5 sold in 1 week time frame.Kubota told them they might not see any more units until late fall or 2022.Glad I purchased mine when I did..

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #63  
My dealer had 6 Kubota RTV 1100c cab models 2nd week in Feb.I purchased one then.Dealer stated the other 5 sold in 1 week time frame.Kubota told them they might not see any more units until late fall or 2022.Glad I purchased mine when I did..

How can a dealer make any money if they get no product from the manufacturer for almost 9 months?

MoKelly

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #64  
My 2006 RTV900 is in the shop right now. Power and "can't go up a hill problems". I'm not all that confident that it will not come back with some +$2k repair bill. Hence, I'm planning on replacing it with a new RTV900.

I'm going to keep the tires though!

IMG_20160409_182441125 (Large).jpg

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #65  
Have a new Kubota 900, on our second Kubota RTV500, and had A Honda Pioneer for a while. Honda was a great product, just could never get accustom to the fully automatic shifting or the paddle shifters, traded it for 2 Honda Rancher ATV. Kubota 500’s are great for lots of farm chores, not a fast ride, but quieter and very economical. Have not had the Kubota 900 long enough to get comfortable with it, bought it on recommendations of it being a workhorse, I believe we will like it fine for many years. I also use a Toyota Tacoma 4x4 5 speed for chores and running to town for supplies.
have a neighbor that has Kawasaki 2 seater, loves it but it is used for hunting and very casual activities.

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #66  
No complaints with my Kawasaki Teryx. It’s on about seven or eight years old, with no issues other than one spark plug.

The mule would be a better fit for you though. We use ours for yard work, exploring the trail network, and commuting to the shop, a mile from the house.

Mostly for hauling tools, parts, material, and firewood.

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #67  
My 2006 RTV900 is in the shop right now. Power and "can't go up a hill problems". I'm not all that confident that it will not come back with some +$2k repair bill. Hence, I'm planning on replacing it with a new RTV900.

I'm going to keep the tires though!

View attachment 691490. Have you CLEANED your spark arrestor?I removed mine..

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #68  
I'll be the odd man out here. Bought an electric UTV last year. Wasn't planning on it but it really turned out to be a great purchase for us on our 55acre farm. After driving almost every other gas model, it impressed us the most for our simple needs. It's a hisun, so yes, made in china. Wasn't planning on buying foreign either, but with the pandemic and all there were zero US models anywhere near us for sale. Now this thing isn't going to be a great all day trail rider, and if you want to go up hills with lot's of speed, better stick with big CC liquid fuel powered. That said, with the insane torque, it'll climb almost anything really. The batteries located low really puts the center of gravity low allowing some steep sidehilling. It doesn't need gas or oil changes, no exhaust to smell, no warm up time--instant on, and when travelling you only hear the tires on the dirt. We've never ran out of juice, and we've put it through it's paces for sure. Oh yeah...one other drawback... some of the zerks were placed by someone who has never had to grease a vehicle before. Always have to make sure nobody can hear the cussing while i'm greasing.

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #69  
The old box-body Chevy/GMC 4WD pickups have a plugged lower ball-joint grease fitting so the outer u-joint can clear it. You remove it and put in a Zerk, grease and replace the plug. Fun times with those torquing a preload on the upper BJ taper to pre-load it before torquing & keying the nut.

IMO golf carts, STRs, & SxSs, are easy to grease up, not that oil changes always are.

/ UTILITY VEHICLE PRICING COMPARISON & ADVICE #70  
... I'm going to keep the tires though!
Nice aggressive tires. I wish that anyone saying they can't get traction would recognize that is the tires that make the difference. Take ATVs as an example - how many people keep the OEM tires? Same goes for UTVs. It's just not worth waiting until they wear out before replacing with something that is tailored to what you want out of your vehicle. Someone on craigslist will want what you don't.