UTV sprayer build? How to mix concentrate with nurse tank water?

/ UTV sprayer build? How to mix concentrate with nurse tank water? #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
I would like to build a sprayer for my soon to be Kubota 1140.

I know I can buy a premade one. I know I can buy a cheap off the shelf Tractor supply one. I actually have a 50gal already.

I would like to build one in which the nurse tank never has chemical and there are several dedicated chemical tanks for the concentrate. This would allow me to quickly and easily switch between chemicals without requiring a complete soak and washout of the main tank. Just run clean water through the booms and switch to a different chemical for the next purpose.

My only real question is how to add, titrations, and mix the chemical to the waterline before it is sprayed?

I have a video of the type of system I would like, but no information about mixers/titration.

I am trying to contact the guy in the video for more information, but thought I would ask here as well. He says he had it special made.

/ UTV sprayer build? How to mix concentrate with nurse tank water? #2  
Interesting project. I think it will end up with a lot more invested than I'm interested in investing. You will probably need something like a banjo venturi or similar induction kit. And I think if you are using different products with different rates and titrations you will need an inductor or mixer for each one. I could see that getting really expensive.

/ UTV sprayer build? How to mix concentrate with nurse tank water? #4  
That's cool. My search didn't bring those up. That's the sprayers I buy and use on my Ranger. Having used Chapin, I'll go out on a limb and say that I doubt for 200 bucks it has the best metering system in the world but I guess for weekend spray warriors like me it will do in a rush. I've always just run a little ammonia through and good to go.

/ UTV sprayer build? How to mix concentrate with nurse tank water?
That is much of what I’m talking about. Perhaps that is the way to go. It’s just a small nurse tank for my needs.

Thanks for the post though, as this is the first time I’ve seen anything similar to what I’d like to have.