UV stable 5gal buckets?

/ UV stable 5gal buckets? #11  
I once made a great chicken feeder from a 5 gallon bucket that was completely resistant to the sun's rays. Sadly, that was when 5 gallon buckets were made of metal and I don't even know where one could be bought now.

/ UV stable 5gal buckets? #12  
The princess auto hdpe buckets have faired a lot better than the crappy homedepot ones that start crumbling after 1 year.

My complaint with the PA buckets is that they are non-standard sized and don't fit most bucket lids.

The good part about the PA buckets is that they are graduated and semi-transparent so its easier to measure water for mixing mortars etc.

/ UV stable 5gal buckets? #13  
The princess auto hdpe buckets have faired a lot better than the crappy homedepot ones that start crumbling after 1 year.

My complaint with the PA buckets is that they are non-standard sized and don't fit most bucket lids.

The good part about the PA buckets is that they are graduated and semi-transparent so its easier to measure water for mixing mortars etc.
I'm reading good things about Princess Auto lately. Maybe they'll open some US branches.

/ UV stable 5gal buckets? #14  
Black buckets are available and we even have some.
Curiously, where do you get them? I've seen the orange or blue ones at HD & Lowes, but that's it. I don't use nearly enough oil to justify buying it in 5 gal buckets just to get black pails.
Most of the ones I have are white ones that drywall mud came in. While I don't leave them in the sun year round, they seem to stand up pretty well, though I do have to replace the plastic piece on the handle after a couple years.

/ UV stable 5gal buckets? #15  
We've always bought used food service buckets of CL. Last batch I got was along with some tote cages. Wife drilled holes in the bottom and used for tree watering down further on the property. I never knew if all buckets start out as food safe or not.

/ UV stable 5gal buckets? #16  
Curiously, where do you get them? I've seen the orange or blue ones at HD & Lowes, but that's it. I don't use nearly enough oil to justify buying it in 5 gal buckets just to get black pails.
Most of the ones I have are white ones that drywall mud came in. While I don't leave them in the sun year round, they seem to stand up pretty well, though I do have to replace the plastic piece on the handle after a couple years.
We have lots of old buckets, some of them are black but I'm not sure where they've came from. I see some on Ebay.

/ UV stable 5gal buckets? #17  
This place has all kinds.

/ UV stable 5gal buckets? #18  
This place has all kinds.

Good prices but I wondered what there shipping will $$$.

/ UV stable 5gal buckets?
Good prices but I wondered what there shipping will $$$.
I went to checkout, for a dozen black buckets the total was $43, excellent price but they have a minimum order of $200. And Shipping was $116

/ UV stable 5gal buckets? #20  
I went to checkout, for a dozen black buckets the total was $43, excellent price but they have a minimum order of $200. And Shipping was $116
Oh ya, I thought that might be the case. Try Ebay or I see 6 on amazion for $90