Value of a Kubota down the road

/ Value of a Kubota down the road #1  

Steppenwolfe

Tractor
Kubota MX5400, 1140 RTV
I am posting this in the Kubota forum instead of the "catch all" buying and pricing thread so hopefully we won't get a lot of the gnashing of the teeth reply's . I sold my Kubota MX 5100 today that I bought at the end of 2012. 212 hours, excellent condition, etc. Adding in routine maintenance, a 3rd function valve, and wheel weights, I got 1K less than what I had in it. Not a bad return that I doubt few tractor brands could boast.

Attachments

• 20210607_134847.jpg
    20210607_134847.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 255

/ Value of a Kubota down the road #2  
With the way the market is right now, any brand will get pretty much what the owner paid for on low hour machines.

/ Value of a Kubota down the road #3  
My neighbor sold his JD 3035D he bought new in 2019. Had 320 hours. He paid $18400 for the tractor - excluding sales tax - in Summer 2019.

He sold it for $19000.

He listed it on a Monday and it was sold on Wednesday.

He was very happy.

MoKelly

/ Value of a Kubota down the road
My Orange obsession may be skewing my optics... and yes, some top brand tractors probably do just as well. But... I was very happy with the outcome!

/ Value of a Kubota down the road #5  
I have sold every one of my CUTs for as much or more than I paid for them after several years of use - Including a grey market Shibaura. CUTs just plain hold their value.

/ Value of a Kubota down the road #6  
I am posting this in the Kubota forum instead of the "catch all" buying and pricing thread so hopefully we won't get a lot of the gnashing of the teeth reply's . I sold my Kubota MX 5100 today that I bought at the end of 2012. 212 hours, excellent condition, etc. Adding in routine maintenance, a 3rd function valve, and wheel weights, I got 1K less than what I had in it. Not a bad return that I doubt few tractor brands could boast.

Attachments

• 20210607_134847.jpg
    20210607_134847.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 255

Seems like Kubota tractors and guns really hold their value or appreciate! 212 hours on a 9 year old machine kinda struck me as amazing though. That's 24 hours per year or less than 1/2 hour per week. That's just enough to keep everything broken in. Your buyer got an essentially new machine.

/ Value of a Kubota down the road #8  
I think you had several things in your favor Step. Your maintenance of the tractor - todays market - Orange.

I had the Kubota dealer ask if I wanted to trade in my M6040 for a newer model. They made me an offer exactly like yours. Pre-tier 4 tractors in the condition mine is - scarce as hen's teeth.

I politely declined.

/ Value of a Kubota down the road #9  
In today’s market, you can easily get close to or more than you paid new. That was my experience with my B2601 w/ 50 hours I sold recently.

Mike