Value of original rice tires

/ Value of original rice tires #12  
CT. East coast. There are some Yanmars out that way. In the YTOG community; MA, VT, NY mostly have Yanmars. Most of these are the smaller machines.
The south is full of Yanmars as well!!!!

/ Value of original rice tires #13  
Those still have plenty of life left. I have never understood people who shy away from cracks in Ag tires. If they were on my combine and I farmed for a living that's one thing. But like 99% of us on here are hobbyish type guys. Not to say a flat wouldn't inconvenience us but that a day lost is not the end of the world. Tires crack fast these days. Its not a high speed road vehicle your wife and child are riding in. I'll run them till stuff starts poking through the holes and busting the tubes and I can get liners to cheat them along.

If the price is right and we were closer I might be interested and hoard them away in case mine go at some point. There starting to get some more cracking at the flex points where the lungs and sidewall wrap around.

/ Value of original rice tires #15  
I have a set on the old Beaver. It made a big difference in pulling. They are R2 I believe but we always called them Rice and Canes. Several of the tractors on the farm had them. They are a good bit taller than R1 as well.

/ Value of original rice tires #16  
I would list them for $200 and see what happens.
More! A lot more. The rims are unobtainable so very valuable.

And quoting Soundguy, a founder of this Yanmar forum, he says just run tractor tires until the last ply is showing. :p (or traction is insufficient). Weathering and cracking don't mean much because you don't need highway-grade safety quality.

Added: After posting this I see Clemsonfor already said it better.

/ Value of original rice tires #17  
I relined a set of Bridgestones back in 2016. Many Hrs. on them and Not the first complaint. My lugs are still huge so I replaced the tubes while they was in them. All dry cracks and was tired of patching tubes!!! Hrs. without much or any lugwear so hands down I do the same with those. Gempler may still have them?.......... I'm thinking 125.00 tubes/liners

/ Value of original rice tires
Thank you all. Awhile back, I remember someone asking the same question I did and I thought I remebered the set could be worth a grand....ill post something around me (Connecticut) and see what comes of it

/ Value of original rice tires
Oh...before I start measuring...anyone know top of mind what the bolt pattern measurements are for Yanmars?

/ Value of original rice tires #20  
Oh...before I start measuring...anyone know top of mind what the bolt pattern measurements are for Yanmars?
Don't know. But as I recall, not compatible with Kubota so be cautious claiming compatibility.

Vaguely relevant: All but the smallest US Yanmars came with two-piece wheels. My YM240 now has the original Yanmar 'hats' (centers) ... with Kubota rims. Some prior owner must have found a heck of a deal! And - I bought four Kubota iron wheel weights and they won't bolt up to my Yanmar centers.

Last edited: