Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others?

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #1  

Cahaba Valley Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3000
I have been a member of this site for almost 2 years and during that time I have seen the passion that many of you have for your tractor brands. I can often times feel that many of you have to hold back your feelings about the brand of tractor you drive when others make perceived disparaging comments about it. So instead of starting a thread to just answer a question or seek buying advice as so many on here do on a daily basis I thought it would be fun and interesting to create a space for everyone to share their passion and reasons for why their brand of tractor is better to them personally then the others. If it helps, imagine you are the sales person and everyone reading your post is your potential customer that you are trying to persuade to purchase your chosen brand of tractor.

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #3  
What mikester said..........has worked for me........ having owned three Kubotas and one Case in the past 38 years.

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #4  
Before I bought my first Kubota, we had an L series Kubota at the mine I worked at. They used it to drag trail cable up to the shovels in the pit. It lived a very hard life. That impressed me.

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #5  
Honestly I considered a lot of brands. For me it came down to availability. From what was available I chose Branson because of its simplicity. Engine parts will be easier to source if the dealer disappears. It is also easier to work on without special computer diagnostics. Hopefully other parts will be easy to source as well. I guess time will tell.

I am of the feeling that there really is no best tractor, it's all just what comprises you are willing to deal with for your use case. My tractor does not earn me money so I am willing to have down time waiting on parts if I have to.

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #6  
I bought used and whatever was available locally--Except Mahindra. Those are all over the place down here but few are still running. I do my own service and repair. Parts and filters are still available for most and being pre-tier-IV, don't have computers to throw codes at you all the time. Mostly, it's just simple maintenance to keep them running. Old iron is still the best. (y)

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #8  
Well, when I bought my current tractor after having owned two Kubota's a New Holland (Shibaura) and a Long (Romanian tractor works), I was impressed by the amount of features and performance Of my current Kioti when compared to the Kubota equivalent for so much less money. The dealerships were about he same distance (I now have a Kioti dealership about 5 minutes driving distance) and the same level of service. At that time of purchase I saved somewhere in the neighborhood of $8000 to $10,000 dollars. That is a pretty big chunk of change. My Kioti has served me very well. So has the dealer. But I am a firm believer that people should buy whatever brand and color of tractor they wish.

/ Value Proposition: What Makes Your Brand Of Tractor Better Than The Others? #9  
Ok, well comparing my MF GC1710 to a Kubota BX23s, I'll say my tractor:
  1. Looks better.
  2. Sounds better.